What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB - Bad behaviour claims levelled at Eels

The Colonel

Immortal
Bad behaviour claims levelled at Eels

Wednesday, 07 June 2006

There are more allegations of rugby league players behaving badly, with a woman claiming she's been bitten by a player from the Parramatta Eels NRL club.
Lisa, 18, has got in touch with 2GB's Ray Hadley and says the man harassed her, playing with her hair, then bit her on the arm at the Roxy Hotel in Parramatta.
Lisa has told Ray Hadley she's upset about the incident, and believes the player was given special treatment because of his connection with the Eels.
''I'm really concerned. I told them what he looked like, what he was wearing, but I didn't know he was a football player just then,'' she said on-air.
''Then they came out, and said that if he leaves [the hotel], then the rest of the club will leave, and they weren't quite happy with that.''
The Parramatta Eels have begun an investigation into the incident.
http://www.2gb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=711&Itemid=228

The Colonel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
There are more allegations of rugby league players behaving badly, with a woman claiming she's been bitten by a player from the Parramatta Eels NRL club.

What they have failed to mention in the report was that the girl mentioned it was a "playful bite".

Mr Saab

Referee
Is that you Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Interesting how almost every complaint is delivered to him.
Yesterday it was Swans players beeping their horns and today it is a woman allegedly being bitten.

The Colonel

Immortal
Until the findings from the investigation are known can we please not speculate on who the player is or isn't.

Nickeel

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Until the findings from the investigation are known can we please not speculate on who the player is or isn't.

I just want to clarify that was a play on words regarding the player's ability unrelated to any of this.

I appreciate the position you're in Colonel. Sorry to set the alarms off, but I had thought my context was clear. Apologies.

Nick

The Colonel

Immortal
Nickeel said:
I just want to clarify that was a play on words regarding the player's ability unrelated to any of this.

I appreciate the position you're in Colonel. Sorry to set the alarms off, but I had thought my context was clear. Apologies.

Nick

That was just a general warning Nick and not directed at you mate. ;-)

fish eel

Immortal
After the year we've had, nothing would surprise me.

But gee, a caller to Ray.

They're always right, arent they?

The Colonel said:
What they have failed to mention in the report was that the girl mentioned it was a "playful bite".

Did you Hear the Report and she said that ?

If that is the case then there are "scorned" Possibilities.

The Colonel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
Did you Hear the Report and she said that ?

If that is the case then there are "scorned" Possibilities.

What I was told about the report.

Apparently a player made unwanted advances to a girl at the Roxy, despite her boyfriend being present. According to the girl, he actually gave her a bit of a bite (not hard) on the arm. She reported him to security and they said that they couldn't do anything because if he left, all of the other players would leave. Fitzgerald has called the player in to explain himself. Hadley didn't name the player.

I don't think she was scorned. From what I can ascertain she seems more annoyed that he wasn't kicked out because they were worried the team would leave.

Latest posts