What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB = Weak.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Someone should put a call in to Raaayyy tomorrow.

This is the weekend schedule - nothing short of a disgrace. We are being shortchanged.

Round 3
Friday:
  • Eels v Wests Tigers: LIVE COVERAGE: Full Game Call - Ray Hadley, Steve Roach and Darryl Brohman
  • Broncos v Panthers: SOME COVERAGE: Around the Grounds
Saturday
  • Dragons v Cowboys: LIVE COVERAGE: Full Game Call - Andrew Moore, Steve Roach and Darryl Brohman
  • Sharks v Rabbitohs: SOME COVERAGE: Around the Grounds
Sunday
  • Storm v Warriors: SOME COVERAGE: Around the Grounds
  • Bulldogs v Titans: SOME COVERAGE: Around the Grounds
  • Roosters v Sea Eagles: LIVE COVERAGE: Full Game Call - Ray Hadley, Steve Roach and Darryl Brohman

Saturday 7:30 game, no coverage from the exclusive rights holder?

Two Sunday games, one completely uninterrupted (storm game)... and they're only going to call the third?

Makes me f**king sick.

I'm sure as hell glad the ABC haven't been completely frozen out or else we'd all be doomed.

I'll predict ABC's sched:
Friday - Eels v Tigers
Saturday - both matches live
Sunday - Storm Warriors live, Dogs Titans first half, full call of Sydney v Manly... possibly vice versa with the last two.
Monday night football obviously.

Sh*ts all over that joke of a station.

Smartman

Juniors
Rrrrrrrrrrrray doesnt want to call any dogs game, hates them with a passion. Bet ya he wont call any game of theirs this year.

Bad business Rrrrrrrrrrrrray :lol:

Tom Shines

First Grade
I'm starting to get a little tired of Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy on the weekends as well.
Leave Andrew Moore to call the action.

Timmah

Staff member
In NSW/QLD? Please.

They've never let it take precedence up here before.

Bomber

Bench
They will...for southern states (Vic, SA, WA, Tas)

In the northern states, league is king

mattyg

Bench
Isn't Roosters v Sea Eagles the 9 game. Poor effort by RAYYY...he'll do anything to avoid a dogs game. Did he not say last year he will try to call the pay TV game when there is a channel 9 game and they are both in Sydney??

Brutus

Referee
It's good to see people are finally realising the lacklustre way this exclusive commercial rights holder treats rugby league.

But it's the NRL's fault for allowing this to happen. 3 games out of eight is simply not good enough when you consider other more committed pro-league stations also wanted a piece of the pie. These 2GB pricks paid money just so no other AM station could call the footy on a Monday night yet they refuse to call it themselves.

Gallop should be ashamed.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
To my knowledge, 2GB have hardly ever called any Saturday night games. For as long as I can remember, they've only called the 5.30 game and that was it. The ABC on the other hand, keeps you up to date with everything which is happening.

Timmah

Staff member
2006 onwards maybe. Prior to that they used to go long into the night.

Choppies

Coach
Thank you NRL for signing with 2GB. The best move you have ever done IMO. Putting the fans first. I look forward to what some old bat thought about something not related to footy and they talk about it for 20 mins. I love wanting to listen to the footy and im getting knitting tips for most of the show!

McLovin

Staff member
Abc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2gb

This Year?

Immortal
Jobdog said:
To my knowledge, 2GB have hardly ever called any Saturday night games. For as long as I can remember, they've only called the 5.30 game and that was it. The ABC on the other hand, keeps you up to date with everything which is happening.

I think they call the yawnion game or have some other stuff on after the 5:30 NRL match. Pretty poor form :oops:

The Tank

Bench
2GB was awesome when they first acquired the exclusive rights. They called everything they could. Since Roy Hardley joined they've been sh*t.

super_coach

First Grade
Maybe they have jumped into bed with foxtel,trying to force people into pay tv to get their nrl fix each week. for mine, wok and the team on the abc are light years in front of the 2gb clowns