What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: Australia v South Africa at Adelaide Nov 9 2018

Bazal

Post Whore
Poor captaincy to be in the situation having a new bowler for the last over

Disagree tbh,

I was leery of some of the decisions he made, but it worked out brilliantly IMO. No way he should have kept Zampa rolling when was bowling juicy half trackers on demand for the batsmen. Maybe could have used Stoinis earlier and kept a front liner, but either way once we got into the tail he did everything right. He needed an over from someone else anyway, better to give it to whoever that might be in the situation he did than try and sneak in a part timer with Miller still out there.

TIGER14

Bench
Disagree tbh,

I was leery of some of the decisions he made, but it worked out brilliantly IMO. No way he should have kept Zampa rolling when was bowling juicy half trackers on demand for the batsmen. Maybe could have used Stoinis earlier and kept a front liner, but either way once we got into the tail he did everything right. He needed an over from someone else anyway, better to give it to whoever that might be in the situation he did than try and sneak in a part timer with Miller still out there.

Shouldn't be bowling shithouse spin (Both Zampa and Maxwell fall into this category) in the last over regardless. Gives the batsmen every chance. Needed a pace bowler up our sleeve.

Bazal

Post Whore
Warne was way over the top of his praise of Funch but I do think his Captaincy was excellent tonight.

Agreed, mostly. High risk, high reward. We don't win that game with Smith at the helm IMO.

Probably should have kept one from Haze or Cummins, but when you win that sort of defence it's a minor issue.