What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: Australia v South Africa at Perth Nov 16, 2014

Red Bear

Referee
Hazlewood is a very good bowler, has been for a long time. Biggest problem, like several youngsters, has been stringing games together. Been a pattern of build up, start bowling well, get injured, start slow, build form, get injured. Hopefully he is past some of those problems because he good, gets good bounce and makes the batsmen play

wittyfan

Referee
Still a great bowler!!!

Nathan+Coulter+Nile+mYl660OV-K3m.jpg

undertaker

Coach
They got a shit crowd because they had the same two teams go around two days earlier.

which is why I said in another thread that having a double header at the same venue between the same two teams was very poor scheduling.

Also, ODI cricket crowds in this country has been slowly declining over the past decade, speeding up since the T20 cricket leagues started to gain ground around 2006-08. With the exception of the upcoming World Cup, ODIs have lost meaning in Australia since the tri-series format was done away with after the 2007/08 summer. People are over meaningless 'best of 5/7' ODI series between two countries. To think that today's corresponding fixture got a sellout 25k 13 seasons ago is quite amazing.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
which is why I said in another thread that having a double header at the same venue between the same two teams was very poor scheduling.

Also, ODI cricket crowds in this country has been slowly declining over the past decade, speeding up since the T20 cricket leagues started to gain ground around 2006-08. With the exception of the upcoming World Cup, ODIs have lost meaning in Australia since the tri-series format was done away with after the 2007/08 summer. People are over meaningless 'best of 5/7' ODI series between two countries. To think that today's corresponding fixture got a sellout 25k 13 seasons ago is quite amazing.

They got over 18k in January this year for the 4th ODI game in the series v the poms

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums_crowds.php?id=131
this link is crowds from 2003

Last edited:

jargan83

Coach
Just got home from the WACA and have to agree the crowd was poor.

Cricket Australia should look at their ticket prices, $60 for an adult to sit on the hill square of the wicket and $121 for a Cat A ticket. CA are pricing themselves out of the market. They're scheduling is also rubbish given the same two sides played two days ago.

I'm sure a great crowd will turn up for England vs India in January :sarcasm:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Chase the globe brotherins. Number of times I have thrown pineys at French nags...if you get on a real bender there is golden gate and that f**king trot track just out of NY in the morning

There is always Trackside too if you are that drunk lol:lol:

Surprisingly I don't mind Albion Park Harnesses at night although I have a limit. Had a great week Saturday....

Petrology at $22-1 thank you:D
Fast N Rocking $6.80 :D
Au Revoir at $6 :D

Lets just sat this morning had a big hangover, and I am still up a few thousand lol:lol:

Ducking merkinside

Number of times I get screwed at the post

I had 14% of the triffy going in the dog format. 12-F-F. 20m out it's 12-11-9. Would've clean up. The stinking f**king one rattles home from 9th to steal second and the 2 pops up from the hot dog stand to nab third

merkin of a thing

lockyno1

Post Whore
I never usually play it, if I have a spare $20 at the end of the night I'll put $5 on numbers 9-12. Or I just trifecta 1, 2, 3/4/5.