What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: India v Australia at Jaipur Oct 16, 2013

TheParraboy

Staff member
Now hang on here, how can you possibly blame Hughes when a total of 359 was put up.
I'm no Hughes fan but its absolutely not his fault his bowlers could not defend a total like that.

Lets face it, India would have comfortably chased down another 50 the way they were going.

took him 50 balls to get to 29 runs, please don't say he is blameless

Should have scored quicker, earlier

wether or not we still lose the game is debateable pending how much extra we score, Hughes cost us a bigger score due to playing test cricket style in the first 15 overs for his own selfishness

Last edited:

Xfactor1979

Bench
Terrible series

This is not cricket

This is some game called 'Chase the 300'

zZzZZzZZzZzZZZzZzzZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BunniesMan

Immortal
What a surprise. Trolls blaming the batsman who got the second highest score in an innings of 359 for the loss.

Losing after setting the total we did is unforgivable. There is a long list of people to blame, Phil Hughes is not on that list.

He loses his wicket early and it makes it that much harder for the likes of Finch and Bailey to go hard. Some of you have no ability to understand even slightly complex things.

WE GOT 359. PHIL HUGHES GOT OUR 2ND HIGHEST SCORE. It is not his fault we bowled like f**king geniuss.

Imagine if Hughes does get out early, what if next ball Twatto plants his fat leg infront of middle stump and gets LBW yet again. Suddenly we're 2 for not much. I bet we don't get to 359 from there.

I sincerely hope the Hughes critics are taking the piss because if you're serious you show yourselves to be dumber than anything I've ever said about cricket.

Last edited:

jargan83

Coach
Obviously played on a pitch that was flatter then an airport runway

Even Shaun Marsh would have scored big on that pitch

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
If your looking to blame anyone it should be Haddin. That catch should have been gobbled up, especially with the gloves on and Dhawan would have been out for 18 odd. As it turned out he smashed 90 and set the tone.

vvvrulz

Coach
took him 50 balls to get to 29 runs, please don't say he is blameless

Should have scored quicker, earlier

wether or not we still lose the game is debateable pending how much extra we score, Hughes cost us a bigger score due to playing test cricket style in the first 15 overs for his own selfishness

In hindsight he was relatively slow, but finishing up with a strike rate of 80 shouldn't be condemned especially when the final total was 359. Its all hindsight to say that Australia should have actually got 400 on this joke of a batting surface.

They bowled like garbage, most of the reason they lost is there alone.

I'm not defending Hughes because he is a very average batsman, but its a bit rich to lay into him when his bowlers couldn't even come close to defending 359.

vvvrulz

Coach
Terrible series

This is not cricket

This is some game called 'Chase the 300'

zZzZZzZZzZzZZZzZzzZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What bugs me the most is people harping on about what a "good surface" it is.
Its as big a joke as a grass top where both sides get rolled for 50 all out.

Sphagnum

Coach
It's pretty much all HAH's fault. If he wasn't in the country, I'm sure the rest of the squad would be much more confident of winning and it would reflect in their performances. Must give quality selector head. No other possible explanation. Should go back to b10s and work on his batting.