What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Qualifying Final: Broncos vs Dragons *SPOILERS*

Brisbane Broncos vs St.George/Illawarra Dragons

Suncorp stadium
Ref: Paul Simpkins

Broncos Team:

1-J.Hodges
2-D.Boyd
3-B.Tate
4-D.Stagg
5-K.Hunt
6-D.Lockyer (C)
7-S.Perry
8-S.Webcke
9-S.Berrigan
10-P.Civoniceva
11-S.Thaiday
12-B.Thorn
13-T.Carroll

14-C.Parker
15-D.Carlaw
16-B.Hannant
17-C.McGuire

Dragons Team:

1-C.Greenshields
2-W.Naiqama
3-M.Gasnier
4-M.Cooper
5-B.Morris
6-T.Barrett (C)
7-B.Hornby
8-L.Bailey
9-A.Gorrell
10-J.Ryles
11-M.Bickerstaff
12-A.Sims
13-B.Creagh

14-D.Wicks
15-J.Poore
16-S.Isemonger
17-S.Timmins

Post your Pre match, in match and post match thoughts.

This is due to be a cracker of a match, hard to predict but i think the broncos will win 1-12 margin

TehRenegade

Juniors
Big question mark over Casey Maguire. brisbane have a policy of not playing players who have received a concussion the week before.

Expect to see either Eastwood or a certain somebody named. (can't reveal) :D

Leagueguy

Juniors
Big question mark over Casey Maguire. brisbane have a policy of not playing players who have received a concussion the week before.

Expect to see either Eastwood or a certain somebody named. (can't reveal)

Is it possible for you to Hint? are the initials ME

dragondad

First Grade
Michael Ennis has been training all week for Brisbane.

If so,I think Berrigan will come off the bench or perhaps Ennis.

This is a tough one to pick,with my red and white glasses on I have to pick Saints,but it should be a ripper.Good to see the number 1 ref in the game got it aswell.

Mr Saab

Referee
TehRenegade said:
Expect to see either Eastwood or a certain somebody named. (can't reveal) :D

hmmm

Paul Hauff?
Darren Smith?
Sam Backo?

Oh i got it

Smokin Joe Kilroy ;-)

Smiley

Bench
They would be stupid to risk Ennis. Maybe its Lacey. Hope so i miss that miget.

TehRenegade

Juniors
yeah it's ennis.

wasn't really much of a secret i just wanted to see if i could get any suspense happening.

ennis has been participating in all training sessions lately, so do not be surprised to see him make the bench against the dragons.

i just hope he knows what he's doing re: knee.

And could we see one Mathew Head in action for the Dragons???

On a dry track, I reckon this will be the pick of the 4 games. Obviously my heart says the Dragons, but my head can't split them. I really do think we have a great chance, more than some people think.

I cannot wait.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dragons have a great chance alright.
People are getting a tad over excited with the broncos past 3 wins...and yes while i am very pleased they turned their form around, they are not the morals people think they are.

Leagueguy said:
Should Stagg play on Gasnier? He is our best defender and could handle him.

Thats a negative move IMO. Sends the wrong message. While Gasnier should always be closely marked, it shouldn't be by putting a backrower out wide.

I'm sure Wayne Bennett will have done his homework and have an Anti-Gaz strategy - but will it work???

Parra Guru

Coach
I've gone with the Dragons, and I'll be praying that they actually play to their bloody potential for once. As with Parra, I think the under dogs tag will suit Saints. Look for a big game from Benny Hornby if he plays fullback, and I think blokes like Creagh and Sims will step it up too this week.

As for Ennis, he's really a mixed bag and it surprises me that they're risking him for the first final. His kicking from dummy half leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe playing against his old club might lift him, but otherwise I think he's a liability in attack.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Wooohoo! Ennis is back and nuffy MacGuire is out. I'd rather them play Ennis in PL for 1 game first and bring Lacey in the side.

Leagueguy

Juniors
So what are the chances Ennis will play? Perhaps I should structure that better. Firstly what percentage chance would it be that Maguire won't play and then assuming he doesn't what would be the percentage chance that Ennis will play?

Sir Biffo

Bench
If they play Ennis they do so at their own risk, especially if they play him in the 2nd row. He gets a very big head when he has the ball in his hands and truly believes he has a better kicking and passing game than anyone.

Sir Biffo

Bench
sanchez moreno said:
if ennis plays broncos will win

Why? Berrigan has been very good at dummy half the last few weeks and Michael Ennis hasn't played a game for about 20 weeks!