What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test Aust vs England @ Adelaide Oval

JJ

Immortal
if he is gone, I'd get some money on England or a draw... toss will be vital, but Johnson or Tait for McGrath is laughable...

willvillain

Juniors
God. Damnit.

If this is true, then I will blame locky. Put away the voodoo dolls! Look what you've done! And all so you could get the pillow-biting Queenslander with the tongue stud into the team!

The Colonel

Immortal
join the bandwagon said:
McGrath Ruled Out!

Just announced of Fox Sports News

You might want to cross your fingers and hope just quietly. An hour later and still no report.......

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ponting and Hayden both said yesterday that he will play with pain killing injections

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Let's bury ghost of Edgbaston

By Glenn McGrath
Australia fast bowler
December 01, 2006

I OFTEN feel that unless you cut off my leg, no injury is going to stop me from playing for Australia.
But sometimes medical staff have to save me from myself because if it was up to me I'd always play.

I will be totally honest with our medical men this morning because I feel I know what I can handle.

I am confident of playing despite the bruised heel but I am not over the line yet.

The questions we have to answer are: Can I get through the game? And if I get through it am I going to jeopardise the rest of the season?

As much as I am desperate to play - the last thing I want is a re-run of Edgbaston - it does cross your mind that the last thing the side needs is for me to go into the game and struggle, and for that to have a negative effect on the team.

Of all the injuries I have been through in my career, the heel injury I suffered in Brisbane was probably one of the least serious.

Yet it was easily the most painful thing I have tried to bowl through.

More painful than ankle spurs - including one snapping off - and bowling with a 7cm tear in a stomach muscle one Test in Sydney.

I was a bit nervous at times at yesterday's training session, particularly in my first bowl when things just didn't feel right.

But we decided to tape my ankle, and I felt like a new man. It gave me a lot of confidence.

We taped a fat pad underneath the ankle and it made the world of difference. I felt like I could easily get through the game.

I'm sure if I play there will be a little bit of pain in my heel and ankle, but bowling is a funny thing; somehow you learn to switch off bowling through pain.

Most bowlers get through pain well.

It's the nature of the beast and part of our job and something that's convinced me batsmen get it too easy in all aspects of the game.

The pain I would experience with the heel is something I have dealt with throughout my entire career.

When my ankle was at its worst in Darwin a few years ago, I could bowl but I could hardly walk between overs.

But it's amazing how you just switch off and run in and bowl. Because you are concentrating on so many other things you tend to ignore the pain.

I've been pretty lucky in my career to be niggle-free 95 per cent of the time. The ankle and heel problems I have are always there but I almost don't put them in the pain class. They're just part of bowling.

Obviously, if I can't walk in the morning I will be in trouble.

But if I feel how I feel as I am writing this column, I'm confident.

If the ankle feels the same bowling in the nets as it does now, hopefully I can go out and bury the ghosts of Edgbaston.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20849066-5009880,00.html

lockyno1

Post Whore
Would not mind to be honest. I'd rather have them both in the team and play 5 bowlers!

IanG

Coach
Well I heard him interviewd on 2KY's Big Sports Breakfast the other day and he basically said they'd have to cut his leg off for him not to play.

Thats a disgraceful decision from England not to play Monty. This pitch will take a bit of turn. Surely he would be more threatening than anderson even if he was bowling on ice?