What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test Aust vs England @ Adelaide Oval

Rammo

Juniors
If both teams are unchanged, and Aust win the toss, it'll be 2-0 by the end of this test match.

Continuing with Giles and not playing Panesar is a disgraceful decision on England's part. They must seem quite content with their 15-month holding of the Ashes, because it won't be long before they relinquish them.

yobbo84

Coach
How they can continue to pick a spin bowler who
a) doesn't spin it
b) has a bowling average of 40

I don't get it.

Panjabi

Juniors
I am astounded as to why Monty wasn't selected. Sure he won't get as many runs as Giles with the bat, but he will save you runs with the ball and also has a greater chance of picking up wickets.

The Colonel

Immortal
England have won the toss and will bat first. We'll get to see how McGrath's heel holds up fairly quickly by the sounds of it.

yobbo84

Coach
The Colonel said:
England have won the toss and will bat first. We'll get to see how McGrath's heel holds up fairly quickly by the sounds of it.

This is a massive, massive first session in the context of the series. If England go to lunch at 0/100 or 1/120 or something, then it's game on. But if they lose 3 or 4 wickets on a belter, they're in serious trouble.

Timbo

Staff member
Is anyone else having problems with cable telly this morning...?

Apparently it's a nationwide problem.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I can't believe they are playing Giles instead of Monty

unbelievable

maybe the pitch is not a turner, seems more than a coincidence that both teams only have one spinner

we need to win the toss to give Pidge another days rest.

The Colonel

Immortal
Timbo said:
Is anyone else having problems with cable telly this morning...?

Apparently it's a nationwide problem.

The problem in regard to it re-setting channels? I had a technician out oon Wednesday for another problem and he'd made a few changes to the connection. When I rang this morning they were going to cop an outburst until they confirmed the issue....

borat

Bench
Twizzle said:
I can't believe they are playing Giles instead of Monty

unbelievable

maybe the pitch is not a turner, seems more than a coincidence that both teams only have one spinner

we need to win the toss to give Pidge another days rest.

With Monty not playing this is a blatent attempt from England to be playing for the draw only and Flintoff said as much during the week. I imgine there thinking is to take stock and get the batting right, post some big totals. Then once the batting is firing go for the jugular later in the series only needing a draw to win.

Any side that goes out to play for a draw is just asking for a hiding.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
borat said:
With Monty not playing this is a blatent attempt from England to be playing for the draw only and Flintoff said as much during the week. I imgine there thinking is to take stock and get the batting right, post some big totals. Then once the batting is firing go for the jugular later in the series only needing a draw to win.

Any side that goes out to play for a draw is just asking for a hiding.

Freddy said on Fox this morning, he will never be playing for a draw.

I think they genuinly feel that Giles experience is more valuable that Monty.

borat

Bench
Twizzle said:
Freddy said on Fox this morning, he will never be playing for a draw.

I think they genuinly feel that Giles experience is more valuable that Monty.

I think its more to do with Fletcher's obsession with lower order batting being prefered to bowling performance.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
geez, Lee has started with a bit of heat

3 balls over 150 ks in the first over