What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v India at MCG Dec 26-30 2020

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon Aussies go the same side as test 1 , if all fit :sunglasses:

I reckon Warner wont be 100%, Pucovski not sure where he is at

We thought we had issues with the side, spare a thought for India
Humiliated first test and Kholi gone for 3 remaining tests. Could lose Shami as well

A few BBL games till this test to keep us entertained for a minute or two..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Think they'll go with Warner and Burns and Wadey can carry the drinks.

Can't see Green being dropped, his bowling was impressive.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
oh, and I really think Cummins and Haze should be our opening bowlers

Cummins is no 1 bowler in the world and he's more than a change bowler and Haze is a given, Starc can be the change bowler for mine

Smug Panther

First Grade

Cummins is no 1 bowler in the world and he's more than a change bowler and Haze is a given, Starc can be the change bowler for mine
Problem is Starc offers almost nothing after the ball is a few overs old

jargan83

Coach
If Warner is fit he will come in, I dare say it will be the little Gremlin Wade to miss out because if Langer wasn't going to drop Burns before Adelaide he's not going to drop him after 51* and the selectors can't drop Green either especially given the road the MCG has been in recent years.

Glad I'm not an Indian selector with the one of the worlds best bats flying home, strike bowler potentially ruled out through injury and a few question marks form wise.

I agree, although I saw an interesting stat in the first test about how often Starc gets an early wicket when he opens. Maybe give Starc 3 overs and then shift to Cummins?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If Warner is fit then 1 of Burns, Green, Wade or Head has to drop out.

Burns is in. If you pick a guy out of form and he responds with runs then he's in. Personally, that 51 against a shellshocked India down a bowler didn't really convince me he's back in form.

Green is in. They've punted on him and have to give him an extended period, at least 10 or 15 tests. This is like an apprenticeship for him, if he fulfils his talent he will be a huge addition to the team.

Wade. Gut feeling he'll be retained. Although he didn't set the house on fire he did what was asked of him by the selectors and opened when our options were limited. Has to score runs soon because Pucovski is at the door.

Head out. I like Head but he just hasn't taken his chances and so becomes vulnerable when new blood comes in. If he had scored runs in Adelaide he'd be safe and Wade would be out.

Pucovski misses an opportunity to come in through bad luck and the stepping up of others.

simmo1

First Grade
Toss of a coin between Wade or Head for Warner.

They won't go Pucovski this series unless there is an injury or someone dramatically loses form.

India will do well to win just 1 of the remaining tests without both Shami and Kohli.

Bazal

Post Whore
The idea that Wade is in any way comparable to Head with a Test average ten runs lower is laughable and this Wade meme needs to f**k right off.

Unfortunately I feel the selectors are just as stupid

TheParraboy

Staff member
If Warner is fit then 1 of Burns, Green, Wade or Head has to drop out.

Burns is in. If you pick a guy out of form and he responds with runs then he's in. Personally, that 51 against a shellshocked India down a bowler didn't really convince me he's back in form.

Green is in. They've punted on him and have to give him an extended period, at least 10 or 15 tests. This is like an apprenticeship for him, if he fulfils his talent he will be a huge addition to the team.

Wade. Gut feeling he'll be retained. Although he didn't set the house on fire he did what was asked of him by the selectors and opened when our options were limited. Has to score runs soon because Pucovski is at the door.

Head out. I like Head but he just hasn't taken his chances and so becomes vulnerable when new blood comes in. If he had scored runs in Adelaide he'd be safe and Wade would be out.

Pucovski misses an opportunity to come in through bad luck and the stepping up of others.

Ill go with all of this as being bang on the money..

If Warner is back I’d personally drop Burns and keep Wade opening. But I think the selectors will do the opposite.

At risk of sounding like I’ve got a vendetta against him.. Burns was served up a comfy innings opportunity yesterday after India fell through the floor and had their lips dragging on the ground. Thus he’s finally found runs against feeble opposition. Like he did against NZ and Sri Lanka before..

I think there’s better value with Wade still in the team.

If Puckovski is 100% fit, and only then, I’d put him at 5 to replace Head. Wouldn’t open with him. But as it happens I would be very hesitant with him, there’s underlying issues at hand well documented.

Latest posts