What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test - Australia v New Zealand Hobart Dec 9 - Dec 13 2011

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Despite Williamson's early dismissal on day 3, his second innings 34, and 66-run partnership with Taylor, were pivotal to NZs success. Yes, 34 isn't a half-century or ton, but it was probably worth almost double on this pitch.

If we're comparing profiles to hemlines, then Mike Hussey must've been wearing a wedding dress with a full train.
So Warner scored 246 not out? No wonder he got the MOM.

And is this the same Mike Hussey who tickes cheap pivotal wickets in this series including the pie eaters in the 2nd innings?

Izz

Bench
So Warner scored 246 not out?
Pretty much. He was the only batsman during the entire game who looked anything near comfortable

And is this the same Mike Hussey who tickes cheap pivotal wickets in this series including the pie eaters in the 2nd innings?
And a fine job he did. He might even have a future as a bowling all-rounder one day.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Pretty much. He was the only batsman during the entire game who looked anything near comfortable

And a fine job he did. He might even have a future as a bowling all-rounder one day.

I wish Williamson all the best as with all the kiwis. The most boring period of cricket in the last 10 years was the period where Australia were absolutely dominating. I want my country to win but I want competitive cricket so that test matches survive.

The test in Hobart was fantastic despite us losing.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Owned? Obviously the NZ version of owned is different from 'Aussie' version. Your comprehension skills need work as well. At no point was I comparing the 2 via fielding, what I was doing was asking why the wunderkind of NZ cricket had a profile in this series lower than an Amish woman's hemline? And I wasn't comparing the 2 in the first place - I merely stated that I'd rather khawaja in my side then Williamson.

I actually feel sorry for Williamson His future is slim test victories against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh and a chance of losing a world cup semi final every four years.

While Khawajas future is being dropped for his inability to score runs. At least he can be proud of the fact he was part of an Australian team that lost for the first time on home soil against New Zealand in 20 odd years.