What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test - Australia v New Zealand Hobart Dec 9 - Dec 13 2011

JJ

Immortal
well, you (El D) can't count so the circumstantial evidence favours the others

MSIH

Bench
well, you (El D) can't count so the circumstantial evidence favours the others

Lol, looking at your sig I wonder why anyone would bother arguing with that guy about anything. Especially cricket.

yappy

Bench
Warner did the right thing. There was no way they were going to get 41 runs with him hitting a single on the 2nd last ball of every over and the bowling was too good to be going over the top. Lyon gets one more away to the boundary and we probably win it. Nothing in it.

JJ

Immortal
Warner did the right thing. There was no way they were going to get 41 runs with him hitting a single on the 2nd last ball of every over and the bowling was too good to be going over the top. Lyon gets one more away to the boundary and we probably win it. Nothing in it.

I wasn't really criticising him - in fact earlier I said I hoped nobody bagged him... just (as other have) pointing out that while Warner's performance was probably the best of the test, Bracewell's was similar, and ultimately the one that decided the winner - hence MoM, IMO at least

African Monkey

First Grade

Yep pretty much. Lyon looked very good out there.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
At least khawaja was visible in the field. Williamson was nowhere. If Ryder is such a gun you'd think he'd lift against the blokes from across the detch. Yet he got out stumped to Mike f**king Hussey! In one innings and did nothing else of note except get repeatedly mistaken for a sight screen.

As JJ said. A very good run out and a great catch. Owned. The fact you're resorting to fielding as a comparison between the two is laughable enough as it is without actually making the arguement against your point.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Warner played it fine, the only reason we got close was the way he played it. Someone else puts their hand up besides Warner we win simple.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I wasn't really criticising him - in fact earlier I said I hoped nobody bagged him... j

nah

he should have farmed the strike more, I guess... hard to know, but taking singles too early ultimately was what cost you - it was a wicket where a ball was always going to do something, and Warner was more likely to cope

dropkick

JJ

Immortal
"I guess, hard to say"... man you're stupid... see earlier posts I made too...

Still awaiting your answer on how 3/6 is mainly tailenders...

Astounded by your stupidity... but not shocked by your bitchiness on losing a test... that's just amusing, could be a long summer for you

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
As JJ said. A very good run out and a great catch. Owned. The fact you're resorting to fielding as a comparison between the two is laughable enough as it is without actually making the arguement against your point.

Owned? Obviously the NZ version of owned is different from 'Aussie' version. Your comprehension skills need work as well. At no point was I comparing the 2 via fielding, what I was doing was asking why the wunderkind of NZ cricket had a profile in this series lower than an Amish woman's hemline? And I wasn't comparing the 2 in the first place - I merely stated that I'd rather khawaja in my side then Williamson.

I actually feel sorry for Williamson His future is slim test victories against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh and a chance of losing a world cup semi final every four years.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Hutty1986

Immortal
It's pretty bloody poor that Bracewell didn't get it. 9 wickets compared to a 100 that in the end, meant SFA

roofromoz

First Grade
I was home sick yesterday... what a good day for that to happen! :lol:

Give me those type of contests over ODIs and Twenty20s any day of the week. What an absorbing battle! The Black Caps were very well deserved winners.

For mine, this is what I will remember from this test:

045864-nathan-lyon-after-loss.jpg

Time will tell if this will be as iconic as the Flintoff / Lee photo from 2005, but this is a man who fought hard for his country and came in at 11 when there was still 40-odd runs to get.

In a way, it was probably good that we lost... if we won, it may have been a case of problems being glossed over because of the win.

Whilst I'm a fan of the upcoming Big Bash League, the timing couldn't be any worse... I suppose that they are trying to cash in on the holiday period, but what some of these players need right now is some first class cricket. What other options could there be... perhaps a stint in South Africa or NZ (assuming their seasons are under way...)

Izz

Bench
Owned? Obviously the NZ version of owned is different from 'Aussie' version. Your comprehension skills need work as well. At no point was I comparing the 2 via fielding, what I was doing was asking why the wunderkind of NZ cricket had a profile in this series lower than an Amish woman's hemline? And I wasn't comparing the 2 in the first place - I merely stated that I'd rather khawaja in my side then Williamson.

I actually feel sorry for Williamson His future is slim test victories against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh and a chance of losing a world cup semi final every four years.
Despite Williamson's early dismissal on day 3, his second innings 34, and 66-run partnership with Taylor, were pivotal to NZs success. Yes, 34 isn't a half-century or ton, but it was probably worth almost double on this pitch.

If we're comparing profiles to hemlines, then Mike Hussey must've been wearing a wedding dress with a full train.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Despite Williamson's early dismissal on day 3, his second innings 34, and 66-run partnership with Taylor, were pivotal to NZs success. Yes, 34 isn't a half-century or ton, but it was probably worth almost double on this pitch.

If we're comparing profiles to hemlines, then Mike Hussey must've been wearing a wedding dress with a full train.

I bet there were no runs in the material