What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v NZ at MCG, Dec 26-30 2019

Hutty1986

Immortal
Should have made 500 from where they were, but overall an excellent batting performance. Now to unleash the quicks on these merkins

Bazal

Post Whore
At least Zeig Wagner didn’t get another wicket.

Reckon you're harsh on him. Blokes who can bowl long spells to consistent plans will get wickets.

He's no superstar but I reckon the Bichel comparison is a good one. Different styles but the same approach

Reckon you're harsh on him. Blokes who can bowl long spells to consistent plans will get wickets.

He's no superstar but I reckon the Bichel comparison is a good one. Different styles but the same approach

Wagner did his job.

I don't believe Boult and Southee did theirs.

Bazal

Post Whore
Love the little interview with Head too. Straight away when asked about the hundred deflected and talked about the team effort. He seems a great bloke to have in the squad.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I think it says plenty about the modern batsmen, Wagner would if struggled bowling his plop back when most of the worlds batsman were back foot players. Still you have to give it to him he has a big heart and he keeps coming.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think it says plenty about the modern batsmen, Wagner would if struggled bowling his plop back when most of the worlds batsman were back foot players. Still you have to give it to him he has a big heart and he keeps coming.

I still reckon most would struggle against consistent, good short balls. A guy like Ponting would cash in but even back then there were very few who would have enjoyed four balls an over at the throat.

He does a job, works hard and his stamina is unbelievable. Rather pick on mincers like Anderson tbh, Wagner is a proper cricketer IMO

I still reckon most would struggle against consistent, good short balls. A guy like Ponting would cash in but even back then there were very few who would have enjoyed four balls an over at the throat.

He does a job, works hard and his stamina is unbelievable. Rather pick on mincers like Anderson tbh, Wagner is a proper cricketer IMO

Just on Bichel comparison, I hope you don't think I wrote that disparage Wagner.

Anderson is just a longevity player. Played double Hadlee but ain't got double the wickets.

Absolutely not.

As a kid Bic was my favourite bowler. At least until Brett Lee came along. The guy just absolutely loved bowling.

It's amazing how guys like Bichel and Kasper did so well in the era of McGrath, Warne, Gillespie and Lee.

typicalfan

Coach

And these aren't just bouncers they are around the wicket into the body which no one likes. Punter wouldn't have been just sitting there hooking and pulling those.