What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v Pakistan at Melbourne on Dec 26-30, 2016

TheParraboy

Staff member
Whispers about Mitch Marsh possibly the only change, out goes Maddinson

I think we will destroy Pakistan this test. We had them by the balls in the 1st test and let them of fthe hook more than once, that wont happen again. We clinch the series here and go 6 straight undefeated

JJ

Immortal
I reckon the Pakis will be up for this - Sohail in for Rahat, and no piss weak collapse... that was a pretty great 1st test, second has a lot to live up to - Aust favourites, but Pakistan is very a good team

Incorrect

Coach
Would be nice to have a Test match in Sydney where the series is still up for grabs for a change... I'm probably missing something obvious but I can't remember the last time a result in the Sydney test determined who won the series overall.... So on that basis I wouldn't mind seeing Pakistan win the Boxing Day Test. Can they? Yes. Will they? Probably not. A few more brain farts here and there will probably see them go down 2-zip

2 weeks

Coach
With Maddo & Wade in the team we are effectively playing with 9, so they must be confident.

JJ

Immortal
Steve Smith just needs to stop this shit - start bowling so that he's good for 10-15 overs in a day and be done with it - it's hilarious... or go the other way and get Starc or Cummins to really work on their batting

Bazal

Post Whore
Cartwright called into the squad, the obsession with all rounders have to stop.

Good selection, hopefully he plays. He's a genuine top four batsman who bowls a bit. Good enough to soak up some overs with the ball but a quality bat too

Meth

Staff member
As good as Pakistan's second innings was (and it was great), I think it was an anomaly. I think that was the best you'll get from them this Summer

Meth

Staff member
For selfish reasons, I'd like to see Maddison play again. It adds an exciting feature to the theatre of the Test. Every run counts In Test cricket, and he's usually good for 1 or 2 of those.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Maddindon can roll his arm over as well, he was actually more economical than Lyon

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good selection, hopefully he plays. He's a genuine top four batsman who bowls a bit. Good enough to soak up some overs with the ball but a quality bat too
Is he good enough to bat in the top 6 in test cricket??? He has 330 runs at 36 this summer and 4 wickets at over 70. I'm sorry but hardly the figures of someone knocking down the door and deserving test selection. He hardly bowls for WA who one of the worst teams in the comp.

Bazal

Post Whore
Is he good enough to bat in the top 6 in test cricket??? He has 330 runs at 36 this summer and 4 wickets at over 70. I'm sorry but hardly the figures of someone knocking down the door and deserving test selection. He hardly bowls for WA who one of the worst teams in the comp.

He hardly bowls because he's not an all rounder. He averages like 7 overs an innings for his career, he's a batsman who bowls a bit. We don't need an all rounder, we just need a bloke who can take a few overs and offer something different.

He's a quality young player with a good temperament, and he was averaging over 50 in Shield cricket at the start of the season (roomie tells me anyway). He's had a few failures in recent times but he's worth a shot.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He hardly bowls because he's not an all rounder. He averages like 7 overs an innings for his career, he's a batsman who bowls a bit. We don't need an all rounder, we just need a bloke who can take a few overs and offer something different.

He's a quality young player with a good temperament, and he was averaging over 50 in Shield cricket at the start of the season (roomie tells me anyway). He's had a few failures in recent times but he's worth a shot.
If he hardly bowls why wouldn't we pick the best batsman??? 7 overs a game means he hardly bowls, Flintoff must still be laughing at us.

Bazal

Post Whore
If he hardly bowls why wouldn't we pick the best batsman??? 7 overs a game means he hardly bowls, Flintoff must still be laughing at us.

We could pick Patterson but tbh I think he's overperformed this season, and he doesn't bowl at all. Clearly they want some kind of fifth or sixth bowling option, which makes perfect sense. I don't see the issue picking a quality younger player who is in reasonable form bar his last two games and gives us a bowling option. Certainly better than picking an all rounder who can't bat in Mitch Marsh.

Hutty1986

Immortal
For selfish reasons, I'd like to see Maddison play again. It adds an exciting feature to the theatre of the Test. Every run counts In Test cricket, and he's usually good for 1 or 2 of those.
If Maddo hadn't have done his bit in Brisbane, Pakistan would have lost by just 34 runs. Definitely something to ponder.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds to me like Langer has been in the selectors ears again, he refers to Agar as an all rounder as well.

Cartright barely bowls as he is in the same team as Levers, bats above him but bowls after him

TheParraboy

Staff member

If Maddo hadn't have done his bit in Brisbane, Pakistan would have lost by just 34 runs. Definitely something to ponder.

Maddinson is no Quiney in test cricket...

Latest posts