What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v Pakistan @ MCG Dec 26-30, 2023

Boy I can see a few years that our team is going to struggle..

Smith and Labs are going like Busteds Warner and Uzi will retire soon..
Head and Marsh are hit and miss.
Carey is good for 10 runs a game.

No one is coming through and putting their hand up.

The 25/26 ashes will likely be a mass retirement tour ala the 06/07. If they don’t go before it I can see Khawaja, Smith, Lyon, Starc and Haze all going out on that one. Potentially Mitch Marsh as well. Basically leaves Head, Marnus, Carey & Patty as the remaining parts to build around. Some of the replacements have dipped their toes in (Green)and others are obvious (Morris). You just hope they don’t start throwing old spuds like Harris and Handscombe in to pad out the squad.

Haffa

There are plenty of keepers around who can hold a bat.
I reckon Pierson would put up more than Carey at the moment.

The problem we have is that none of these guys get enough time in longer games. So it’s easier for selectors to stick with the incumbents.

some11

Referee
The 25/26 ashes will likely be a mass retirement tour ala the 06/07. If they don’t go before it I can see Khawaja, Smith, Lyon, Starc and Haze all going out on that one. Potentially Mitch Marsh as well. Basically leaves Head, Marnus, Carey & Patty as the remaining parts to build around. Some of the replacements have dipped their toes in (Green)and others are obvious (Morris). You just hope they don’t start throwing old spuds like Harris and Handscombe in to pad out the squad.
As frustrating a period as it is, usually with a lot of dumb losses, its interesting getting so see who sinks or swims.

Get a good look at the next gun and the next most-hated merkin who gets way more starts than he should.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
This is the best next gen test side I can make post mass retirements with who’s available and somewhat showing signs of kicking on.

Renshaw
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Street
Head
Green
Inglis (wk)
Cummins (c)
Morris
Murphy
Neil-Smith

I dunno…

Chins get the wins

First Grade
This is the best next gen test side I can make post mass retirements with who’s available and somewhat showing signs of kicking on.

Renshaw
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Street
Head
Green
Inglis (wk)
Cummins (c)
Morris
Murphy
Neil-Smith

I dunno…
Pudding Brain Will can't ever be picked to play

Fangs

Coach
..you must have thought of Afghanistan or Ireland!!

Just the overwhelming excitement of test cricket and full strength beer.

I'm happy to see a real contest against a team I didn't expect to compete with Australia on our turf. Its great to see.

Pippen94

First Grade

Renshaw
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Street
Head
Green
Inglis (wk)
Cummins (c)
Morris
Murphy
Neil-Smith

I dunno…

No NSW players. Never happen - we provide backbone of national team.

Pippen94

First Grade
Just the overwhelming excitement of test cricket and full strength beer.

I'm happy to see a real contest against a team I didn't expect to compete with Australia on our turf. Its great to see.

Yep, growing up Aussie team seemed yo be always 3 for not much. Hasn't happened here for awhile

Latest posts