What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v Pakistan @ MCG Dec 26-30, 2023

Fangs

Coach
Averaging 45 odd for the year and being questioned is a fair indication of his greatness tbh

That is exactly right. He himself would say he is nowhere near his best batting.

63 the highest score in this test match so far. His personal assignment is to pass that and onwards.

Fangs

Coach
2023 for the big four (Smith and Kohli with an innings each before the year ends):

Virat Kohli: 8 tests at 54.09*
Joe Root: 8 tests at 65.58
Kane Williamson: 7 tests at 57.91
Steve Smith: 13 tests at 41.85*

Kane has 4 tons, Smith has 3. He can't let the leader of NOD stay that far ahead of him.

Pakistan deserve plenty of credit for keeping this competitive. They have bowled well and showed some resolve with the bat.

The 56 run lead will hurt them IMO. Might be the difference in the end.
Could be a different story if they’d not leaked 50 sundries in the first innings. Also held onto a few catches.

Bazal

Post Whore
Rearranging the garage after moving in Aug (read, drinking beer and occasionally shifting a box).

No smart TV down here. f**k me seven is awful

JokerEel

Coach
Boy I can see a few years that our team is going to struggle..

Smith and Labs are going like Busteds Warner and Uzi will retire soon..
Head and Marsh are hit and miss.
Carey is good for 10 runs a game.

No one is coming through and putting their hand up.

Bazal

Post Whore

Opener is the issue. I reckon Green will defs kick on. Head has plenty of time left and Marnus is tinny AF but only 29. There are plenty of keepers around who can hold a bat.

McSweeney looks very good. If Pucovski can stop playing short balls with his head, 3-7 looks to have a decent number of players around. (I think he's cooked but that's another story)

It's also a big issue that our f**ken selectors never give anyone a go. With the age of some of the players and a weak opposition both series this summer, perfect chance to get a guy like McSweeney 5 tests on the middle order on form

Pippen94

First Grade

Warner emerged from t20. Cummins was 17 against south Africa on debut. Lyon wasn't much heralded. You never know..

Bazal

Post Whore
Oh wow. That's a horror shot regardless of his game. 125 km and this plodder is cleaning up pegs, not good enough

Fangs

Coach
That was a good ball.

Are we watching history? Pakistan have never won a test match in Australia...

EDIT: Fooled you.

Latest posts