What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v South Africa @ MCG Dec 26-29, 2022

TheParraboy

Staff member
A bit of a controversial statement coming up.

No changes even if Hazlewood is fit. Boland has done enough to maintain his spot, it's up to Hazelwood to get back in on merit.

Thats a fair call

Still has some boxes to tick to be full fit

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A bit of comment on social media that Boland should retain his spot at the G even if Haze is fit.

I guess they are mainly Victorians, I mean Haze is one of the best pace bowlers in world cricket, he goes straight back in the Victorian carries the drinks for mine.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Haze hasnt played a lot of test cricket last couple of years, and not been great in his last couple of tests

Side strains are bastards to get right. He has had issues for two summers now, maybe red ball cricket is too muich for him?

Time we pick on form and guys who are not just 100% fit, but 100% bowling fit

Lock in Scotty for mine

Bazal

Post Whore
A bit of comment on social media that Boland should retain his spot at the G even if Haze is fit.

I guess they are mainly Victorians, I mean Haze is one of the best pace bowlers in world cricket, he goes straight back in the Victorian carries the drinks for mine.

Haze hasnt played a lot of test cricket last couple of years, and not been great in his last couple of tests

Side strains are bastards to get right. He has had issues for two summers now, maybe red ball cricket is too muich for him?

Time we pick on form and guys who are not just 100% fit, but 100% bowling fit

Lock in Scotty for mine

Wrong! Both just wrong!

The only correct answer is the Wild Feather Fluffer himself. Enough military medium metronomes, it's f**ken Lano Murray time!

simmo1

First Grade
I'm going with Boland. He is bowling ridiculously well. If Australia go 2-0, I'd give Starc or Boland a rest for Hazelwood in Sydney.

A bit of a controversial statement coming up.

No changes even if Hazlewood is fit. Boland has done enough to maintain his spot, it's up to Hazelwood to get back in on merit.
If it hadn't been for Hazes injury last year Barrell would still be laboring in state cricket. He got lucky to bowl on a lively MCG wicket. Who is not to say that the superior seamer of the two would have taken similar wickets if he played . Besides the Tamworth boy is the incumbent so if fit he must play.
I like being the odd one out. Sometimes gets me into strife tho.

Last edited: