What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v Sri Lanka at Manuka Oval (Canberra) Feb 1-5 2019 - AUSTRALIA WON BY 366 RUNS

Bazal

Post Whore
I think there might have been a few brain parasites in all those SPC spaghetti tins Warnie inhaled over in India...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Warne has finally gone full genius, X Factor lol.

Maybe Stoinplod should go play AFLX??? He’d be High Octane.

Brendan Julian is getting a bit long in the tooth. Time for the Rig with his X Factor to help the plastic Merkin out.

He just asked Russell Arnold a question which Russell has answered in his previous statement.

I noticed he did this in another test, doesn’t listen to his fellow commentators.

Bazal

Post Whore
Good session.

Shame Mighty Joe Burns couldn't go on. Especially given he can't score hundreds

TIGER14

Bench
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.he...t/news-story/efb06c5030e9a898981faacf1adc898d

STOINIS IS THE MAN

This whole summer I think the selectors were looking for Stoinis to play a smart innings, especially in red-ball cricket.

Not just make 30, look fantastic, slog a few and get out and not tough it out.

That to me says they’ve been looking for some match awareness from him and some tough runs.

I agree with that, but what I think the selectors are missing is Stoinis brings a lot more to the table than just bat and ball.

He’s got a lot of intensity, he’s got that X-factor about him and he’s a matchwinner.

He’s one of those players who has the ability to drag the team with him.

Stoinis has got character and spirit about him, a bit like a Merv Hughes or an Andrew Flintoff or a Darren Gough.

Marcus Stoinis provides that X-factor. I know it’s just a Twenty20 game, but who was the man the Melbourne Stars turned to with the ball against Brisbane on Sunday and got it done?

In a tough situation and in a must-win game, Stoinis gets 4-21, thank you very much.

It wasn’t just the wickets either, it was the way he did and when he did it.

I know it’s only Twenty20, and it’s nothing like a Test match, but he will adapt because he’s a quality player.

The higher the standard the better he plays — in Shield cricket I know his records aren’t great, but I think it’s a bit easier for him and that’s why he makes mistakes.

I think he needs to be tested and challenged, and he’ll prove how good he is at Test level.

Rob Quiney found Test Cricket too easy. That’s why has an average of just 3.

jargan83

Coach
Jesus Christ, I just read that article written by Warnie posted on the previous page.

He’s gone right off the deep end with that.

I almost want the selectors to pick Stoinis now just so Warnie can watch him fail.

Eelectrica

Referee
Jesus Christ, I just read that article written by Warnie posted on the previous page.

He’s gone right off the deep end with that.

I almost want the selectors to pick Stoinis now just so Warnie can watch him fail.
If he got out for 30 in this game then we could have had Warne explain how the bowling attack wasn't good enough for the great one.

Latest posts