What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v West Indies D/N @ Adelaide Oval Dec 8-12, 2022

King hit

Coach
Is that our biggest ever win in terms of runs? The biggest win I can remember is that Ashes test in 2002 where Hussain put us in to bat.

undertaker

Coach
I have 7 on for 15 min the other day, about 14 min too long

Its is beyond woefull. Langer , Brayshaw and Flemming were on, and some woman that was shouting after a West Indian batter hit the ball, regardless if it went for a single or a boundary

Just horrid and over the top lovey dovey. The trio would be suited to Playschool

Yeah, Ch7 could've been taken more seriously if they recruited decent commentators to start with

undertaker

Coach
See ya next summer Windies, unfortunately
Didn't understand what you were saying at first, but having now looked at the 2023-27 ICC Future Tours Programme, I can't believe Australia is scheduled to play the Windies YET AGAIN in ANOTHER 2 test match series next summer. What a joke! Don't get to play them in the Caribbean until mid-2025, which will be a decade since the last time the Frank Worrell Trophy has been contested there.

Seriously, who are the imbeciles at the ICC that made this decision to play test matches against the same opponent in consecutive summers?

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Is that our biggest ever win in terms of runs? The biggest win I can remember is that Ashes test in 2002 where Hussain put us in to bat.

In terms of runs, today's win was the 9th biggest in test match history.

Australia's largest win (in terms of runs) was back in 1934 vs England (562 runs)

Seriously, who are the imbeciles at the ICC that made this decision to play test matches against the same opponent in consecutive summers?
Was asking the same question.

Well what a hiding. I always enjoy us winning test matches and series but have to say this feels hollow as the opposition was not in the same universe as us.

Winning this series without virtually raising a sweat may not be the best prep for a more challenging opponent next Sat. Some of our top six barely had a bat in their hand over the two matches while those blokes that made merry were not really challenged at any time. We can be sure that the Saffa attack will provide far more problems. Are we primed for it?

This Year?

Immortal
Took the dog out for a walk and had a quick chat with some neighbours and missed all the other wickets.
Was hoping the windies would put up more of a fight.

undertaker

Coach
Don't know the last time this happened, but with the Windies being bowled out for 77 today, that makes it the 3rd home summer in a row where Australia have bowled out a team for less than 100 in a test innings (68 for England @ MCG last summer, 36 for India @ Adelaide in 2020).

Meth

Staff member
Watched about 5 mins of this series. All I will say is bring on south africa.

i really only just clicked that South Africa was the main event for the Australian summer. Really glad about that. Boxing Day v the West Indies would be a downer