What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v West Indies D/N @ Gabba Jan 25-27, 2024

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Catches win matches, we dropped a few.

We need a Leggie and young batsmen.

I won't hold my breath they would play Stephen Waugh at perhaps at 28.

Anyways our unbeatable team, was beaten by a kid from Guyana, in a test.

Had a great run this team.

King hit

Coach
Brian has that elegant confidence about him when he speaks he doesn't sound arrogant but oozes confidence.

And it showed when he batted.

I think he said one day you were always a chance of getting him until he reached 40. Then good luck once he got in after that he was in the long haul.

How many triple hundreds did he score at Test level and a 400 Not out.

Plus a 500 in a county game.

Like fmd fancy scoring 500 runs in a First class innings. Some blokes spend a whole season scoring that.
Or a whole career like McGrath 😁

Reactions: JJ

BunniesMan

Immortal
Match of the decade. How good is test cricket. I've never been happy after a test loss until today. How great was the joy of the Windies players, and when is the last time a T20 or ODI win was celebrated like that?

By far the greatest form of the game and the adminsistrators simply must do whatever it takes to keep it as the apex of the sport. I know limited overs cricket is a cash cow, but the cash that cow makes should be used to support test cricket. Organise proper T20 windows so they don't harm tests and share some of those billions to make sure every nation can always field its best players in every test.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Match of the decade. How good is test cricket. I've never been happy after a test loss until today. How great was the joy of the Windies players, and when is the last time a T20 or ODI win was celebrated like that?

By far the greatest form of the game and the adminsistrators simply must do whatever it takes to keep it as the apex of the sport. I know limited overs cricket is a cash cow, but the cash that cow makes should be used to support test cricket. Organise proper T20 windows so they don't harm tests and share some of those billions to make sure every nation can always field its best players in every test.
Wow a good post from BM

bazza

Immortal
I get the Marsh questions, but he’s performed well recently

Green isn’t ready for 4 yet imo, Labuschange is regressing to where he really should be, Carey is poor, and Head just had a terrible test

Truly great win for the Windies though…
yeah - think Labuschange might be the one under pressure - but with no real standouts in Shield cricket - I think that this 7 will get another shot in NZ. There might be a couple of shield games for someone else to put their hand up if they aren't playing white ball games

simmo1

First Grade
We are in a bit of a strange situation if Smith finds his old form at opener and Marnus & Green don't score runs. If one of those two get dropped, do we then move Smith back to 3/4 where he has been struggling a bit and bring in Renshaw/Bancroft as opener, or just start looking for new middle order bats?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
We are in a bit of a strange situation if Smith finds his old form at opener and Marnus & Green don't score runs. If one of those two get dropped, do we then move Smith back to 3/4 where he has been struggling a bit and bring in Renshaw/Bancroft as opener, or just start looking for new middle order bats?
Bancroft is shit and not an option

Front-Rower

First Grade
The lads were complacent. They thought they had it in the bag and didn’t work for it. They will be ok in NZ.

Latest posts