What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test D/N: Australia v Pakistan at Adelaide, Nov 29 - Dec 3 2019

undertaker

Coach
And people were bagging the GABBA test crowd.

I feel the Perth test will be more embarrassing

Crowd's been much better than people make out to be

Day 1: 30,878
Day 2: 33,943
Day 3: 17,006

Considering it's been crap winter-like weather in Adelaide (max temperature in the high teens with overcast skies), the crowd for the first day is at least double what it would've got had this been a day test.

Crowd for the first 2 days is more than what the Gabba got for 4 days. Very good crowds considering Pakistan ain't a big drawcard. Tomorrow is expected to rain until at least midday, so the 2pm start minimises the amount of lost play thanks to being able to play under lights and eliminate the 'bad light' situation that has become too common in red-ball test matches.

Day/night tests in Adelaide have been a success and are here to stay. Perth crowd is a worry due to being held in such a large stadium (60k vs 20k for the WACA), and Cricket Australia made a day/night fixture to at least ensure at least an extra 10-15k per day turn up compared to a day test.

jargan83

Coach
Crowd's been much better than people make out to be

Day 1: 30,878
Day 2: 33,943
Day 3: 17,006

Considering it's been crap winter-like weather in Adelaide (max temperature in the high teens with overcast skies), the crowd for the first day is at least double what it would've got had this been a day test.

Crowd for the first 2 days is more than what the Gabba got for 4 days. Very good crowds considering Pakistan ain't a big drawcard. Tomorrow is expected to rain until at least midday, so the 2pm start minimises the amount of lost play thanks to being able to play under lights and eliminate the 'bad light' situation that has become too common in red-ball test matches.

Day/night tests in Adelaide have been a success and are here to stay. Perth crowd is a worry due to being held in such a large stadium (60k vs 20k for the WACA), and Cricket Australia made a day/night fixture to at least ensure at least an extra 10-15k per day turn up compared to a day test.

They got a little over 19,000 last year for Day 1 last year in Perth, granted it was 39 degrees but it's a pretty average crowd. I'm not expecting a big crowd here in Perth this year given NZ aren't exactly a big draw card, maybe the D/N Test can draw the people through the gate but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They got a little over 19,000 last year for Day 1 last year in Perth, granted it was 39 degrees but it's a pretty average crowd. I'm not expecting a big crowd here in Perth this year given NZ aren't exactly a big draw card, maybe the D/N Test can draw the people through the gate but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Perth merkins would much rather rock up to the Big Beat off.