What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia @ Hagley Oval Christchurch Mar 8-12, 2024

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Besides The Yak our batting squadron scored a 3/10. New Zealand got a 1.5/10.

Australia: no changes.
New Zealand: surely they bring in a spinner. And I don't mean Mitch Santner.

JJ

Immortal
Besides The Yak our batting squadron scored a 3/10. New Zealand got a 1.5/10.

Australia: no changes.
New Zealand: surely they bring in a spinner. And I don't mean Mitch Santner.
Maybe Conway is fit? O'Rourke in some doubt I imagine... Sadly they won't bring Patel in, so Santner will play - he can at least tie up an end without being too threatening... If Kuggeleijn plays I don't think I'll watch - they should give Wags a last hurrah - if nothing else he'll bowl himself into the ground

edabomb

First Grade
Even NZC will surely be beyond giving The Predator another run purely out of stubbornness.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Kane & Southee's 100th test match.
Will be the 5th and 6th players to reach that mark. (Taylor, Vettori, Flemming, Lord Bazball).

Taylor @ 112 the highest, will fall to Williamson. Hard to believe Williamson has been around for 14 years.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Will be the 5th and 6th players to reach that mark. (Taylor, Vettori, Flemming, Lord Bazball).

Taylor @ 112 the highest, will fall to Williamson. Hard to believe Williamson has been around for 14 years.

I was thinking how many of those guys have beaten Australia in a Test match.

But 4 of those 6 actually played in the Hobart 2011 test match win.

I cant believe Dan Vettori missed out in that match btw. I just looked at the lineups Trent Boult replaced him on Debut as Vettori was a late out with an injury.

Ross Taylor was captain. Was he the one Bazball stabbed in the back to get the captaincy off him.

How they went in that test match
Bazball - 16 & 12
Ross Taylor - 6 & 56
Kane - 19 & 34
Southee - 1/32 & 2/77

JJ

Immortal
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...8Wx5rbGjwRC20OAUipPd80FuAoTuogw-qD91_rxSP-J4w

Stead concedes the error. Weird, considering Phillips did the job capably in the end. But yes, another spinner would have been great ahead of Kuggeleijn. I'd like to see Santner and Sears in for Kuggelieijn and O'Rourke- the latter, ruled out by injury. Doubt that's enough to turn around.
I still don't get the lack of love for Ajaz, 7 wickets the other day, 10 wickets in a test innings, every time they say Santner is the best test spinner in the country I feel embarrassed

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

King-Gutho94

Coach
And I thought in the second innings, and this is really hard to sort of quantify, but I thought the intent, the energy he brought to the crease, and it was only two runs, I don’t want to get carried away with two runs, but that’s what we see when he’s at his best.”

This is Rob Quiney territory from McDonald.

Marnus has made the greatest 2 in test history.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
And I thought in the second innings, and this is really hard to sort of quantify, but I thought the intent, the energy he brought to the crease, and it was only two runs, I don’t want to get carried away with two runs, but that’s what we see when he’s at his best.”

This is Rob Quiney territory from McDonald.

Marnus has made the greatest 2 in test history.
Journalists may as well not ask coaches questions these days because they will spin it into a positive no matter how bad it is.

No one has ever played well for a 2.

Meth

Staff member
I still don't get the lack of love for Ajaz, 7 wickets the other day, 10 wickets in a test innings, every time they say Santner is the best test spinner in the country I feel embarrassed

Yeah, I think I just concede that Santner is a vibes selection and gets the nod ahead of Patel. Haven't seen him injured NZ for a long time (and tbh, he tends to perform better overseas)

JJ

Immortal
I really don’t get it, used to be we wouldn’t blood people in easy series, now they do it against Australia…