What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia @ Hagley Oval Christchurch Mar 8-12, 2024

This Year?

Immortal
That 50 or so runs the NZ tail got in the 1st innings sure makes this chase look like a mountain now.

Eelectrica

Referee
1 all test series. Can't wait for the decider.
When is game 3.... Well this is embarrassing I must admit. My google skills have failed me, I can't find when the third test starts. Silly me, not even able to use google anymore.

simmo1

First Grade
Kiwis have learnt how to swap the pitches when the opposition bats, like we do to them when they come to Australia.

JJ

Immortal
This one was originally meant to be 3 tests. The bean counters at NZC decided to trade in the 3rd test for 3 T20s. 3 T20s that I can't even remember two weeks removed.
1. We haven’t won yet (god I hope we do, but remain anxious)
2. I’ve forgotten them too, given the tests sold out , albeit at smaller grounds, would be interesting to know the difference in revenue for them

edabomb

First Grade
1. We haven’t won yet (god I hope we do, but remain anxious)
2. I’ve forgotten them too, given the tests sold out , albeit at smaller grounds, would be interesting to know the difference in revenue for them
Actually it might have been a test series in previous years where we traded off a third test for T20s, not this one specifically. But that set the precedent. Hopefully the new CEO sees the value in three test series going forward. I'd argue remaining competitive at test level is really the vital ingredient for NZ remaining a top tier nation. We see teams like the Windies and SL really fall into the second tier when their test performances started to lag rather than short format.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Actually it might have been a test series in previous years where we traded off a third test for T20s, not this one specifically. But that set the precedent. Hopefully the new CEO sees the value in three test series going forward. I'd argue remaining competitive at test level is really the vital ingredient for NZ remaining a top tier nation. We see teams like the Windies and SL really fall into the second tier when their test performances started to lag rather than short format.
Fitness permitting with what we’ve seen from Jamieson, O’Rourke and Sears you have to wonder how much longer Southee is in the team. Henry has been brilliant, Kuggeleijn ridiculous, and Southee more like CDG than an opening bowler

King-Gutho94

Coach
Test summer comes to a close today.

I reckon looking back from Australia's point of view its been a failure.

Drawing series with the Windies & Kiwis isn't really what the great Australia sides would accept.

The batting atm is a mess.

I am not sure what 2025/26 Ashes series is going look like in 18 months but gee Cam Green will need to get that consistency quick fast because he might be carrying a jaded or weak batting order.

Smudge & Khawaja are nearly on the cliff now which is a shame but the end is coming fast.
Marnus cant be trusted anymore.
Travis is a 100 or duckegg.
Carey's batting has turned to diabolical standards.