What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia @ Hagley Oval Christchurch Mar 8-12, 2024

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Test summer comes to a close today.

I reckon looking back from Australia's point of view its been a failure.

Drawing series with the Windies & Kiwis isn't really what the great Australia sides would accept.

The batting atm is a mess.

I am not sure what 2025/26 Ashes series is going look like in 18 months but gee Cam Green will need to get that consistency quick fast because he might be carrying a jaded or weak batting order.

Smudge & Khawaja are nearly on the cliff now which is a shame but the end is coming fast.
Marnus cant be trusted anymore.
Travis is a 100 or duckegg.
Carey's batting has turned to diabolical standards.
These are our results from 2023 until now:
Lost to India 2-1
Drew with England 2-2
Beat Pakistan 3-0
Drew with West Indies 1-1

Pakistan were woeful but still could have come up with a victory or 2.
Our batting is very suspect, unfortunately potential replacements are even worse.

King-Gutho94

Coach
These are our results from 2023 until now:
Lost to India 2-1
Drew with England 2-2
Beat Pakistan 3-0
Drew with West Indies 1-1

Pakistan were woeful but still could have come up with a victory or 2.
Our batting is very suspect, unfortunately potential replacements are even worse.
We have won 1 series on the road since 2016 out of our last 11 series.

That was Pakistan in 2022.

I don't think that stat gets talked about as much as it should. We have had this great bowling attack for 6-7 years and won diddly-squat on the road.

WTC was a nice triumph but basically got to 2nd place by flat-tracking at Home.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bancroft and MHarris to be the ashes openers in 25/26

You heard it here first...

Hopefully this test finishes close to or just after tea today as then it will be a close. Dont care if kiwis win (hope they dont) but love it to be a close affair

I think we are the Parramatta Eels of cricket tbh (minus the trophies).

King-Gutho94

Coach
Bancroft and MHarris to be the ashes openers in 25/26

You heard it here first...

Hopefully this test finishes close to or just after tea today as then it will be a close. Dont care if kiwis win (hope they dont) but love it to be a close affair

I think we are the Parramatta Eels of cricket tbh (minus the trophies).
I think Parramatta is more South Africa - can perform when the pressure isn't on against the great sides.

But once we get to a semi final/grand final we find more ways to fold/choke when the pressure is at its greatest.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We have won 1 series on the road since 2016 out of our last 11 series.

That was Pakistan in 2022.

I don't think that stat gets talked about as much as it should. We have had this great bowling attack for 6-7 years and won diddly-squat on the road.

WTC was a nice triumph but basically got to 2nd place by flat-tracking at Home.

We dont lose many tests at home, but a couple of key test loses in recent times has been played at the Gabba after the SCG test in Jan or Feb (vs India and Vs WI). series loss and series draw

Our mantra is bounce on decks, no other nation can play as good as our bats in these conditions, but once that is removed its exposes or negates our fast bowlers, and our bats (at times) get out dumb on a batting belter

I dont think anyone is consistently good playing way from home, I think the main reason for that we dont see as many warm up or FC games played to acclimatise to conditions (thanks to the vermon that is t20) Us included, we went over to India 4 tests on the back of BBL ffs !!! Took us 2 tests to get in the groove before we started to give them a run for their money to the point they have to make a road for the 4th test

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think Parramatta is more South Africa - can perform when the pressure isn't on against the great sides.

But once we get to a semi final/grand final we find more ways to fold/choke when the pressure is at its greatest.

Yeah but we removed the yellow kit this year and passed it on to the aussie team 😜

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we must be the worst team in world cricket at bowling at the tail, as soon as no 8 comes in we just totally lose our radar and game plan

_snafu_

Immortal
lol

Head looking disappointed after playing two loose shots in consecutive balls, gets dropped on the first and caught on the second.

This team has to be dumber than the Dragons.

JJ

Immortal
lol

Head looking disappointed after playing two loose shots in consecutive balls, gets dropped on the first and caught on the second.

This team has to be dumber than the Dragons.
Marsh hit the first

edabomb

First Grade
This is where carrying The Predator comes back to haunt us. We can't risk him bowling 5 overs for 30 here, meanwhile we bowl H S & S into the ground.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Head scored a great 163 in the WTC Final.

Since then: 1 hundred, 3 fifties in 23 innings. Ave: 24.16
I know its different formats but Trav gets a free pass 12 months for his heroics in the WC final.

With the pure garbage at shield level he won't be getting replaced.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I know its different formats but Trav gets a free pass 12 months for his heroics in the WC final.

With the pure garbage at shield level he won't be getting replaced.
Not saying he should be replaced, but if he wants to play bazball he should apply for English citizenship.

Fangs

Coach
A bit tense this.

Carey in the runs when it matters. I don't care how he makes them.