What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Christchurch, Dec 26-30 2018 - NEW ZEALAND WON BY 423 RUNS

Meth

Staff member
Know plenty of folk who were heading down to Hagley today. Would hardly have had time to get into the ground- similar to Melbourne

JJ

Immortal
Was in Sri Lanka to be fair. Different beast over there. And with Herath.

And you were missing Warner, the saviour of Australian cricket. Wait...
He's often plundered attacks away... oh wait...

Meth

Staff member
It's so funny that some seem to think that up until Cape Town, Warner was great for the team and not at all toxic. He made an uncharacteristic lapse in judgment that harpooned a team that was otherwise going swimmingly. 'Do you know what this team needs? The reintroduction of the cancerous piece of shit that basically was the chief architect in the cultural demise of the Australian team that culminated in him personally putting a younger player up to cheating and brought unprecedented shame and embarrassment to our nation....that'll get us back on track again'

Is this some weird kind of Stockholm Syndrome or what?

Reactions: JJ

Mr Spock!

Referee
It's so funny that some seem to think that up until Cape Town, Warner was great for the team and not at all toxic. He made an uncharacteristic lapse in judgment that harpooned a team that was otherwise going swimmingly. 'Do you know what this team needs? The reintroduction of the cancerous piece of shit that basically was the chief architect in the cultural demise of the Australian team that culminated in him personally putting a younger player up to cheating and brought unprecedented shame and embarrassment to our nation....that'll get us back on track again'

Is this some weird kind of Stockholm Syndrome or what?
F**k me you're boring.

You're even obsessing about warner in the Kiwi forum.

I hope he gets picked just to piss you off.

Number of test centuries
Warner - 21
Finch - 0
Smarsh - 6
Paine -0
Labuschagne-0
Khwaja- 7
MMarsh- 2
Harris - 0
Head - 0

But hey you know that - you just spent 5 days telling the Aussies how shit their batting was.

Meth

Staff member
F**k me you're boring.

You're even obsessing about warner in the Kiwi forum.

I hope he gets picked just to piss you off.

Number of test centuries
Warner - 21
Finch - 0
Smarsh - 6
Paine -0
Labuschagne-0
Khwaja- 7
MMarsh- 2
Harris - 0
Head - 0

But hey you know that - you just spent 5 days telling the Aussies how shit their batting was.

5 days is an overstatement.

4 days and a couple of overs

As for me being boring, well, here you are.

Meth

Staff member
Also, I don't like the bloke (obviously), but it really wouldn't bother me if Warner is picked. He's not playing for my team.

Front-Rower

First Grade
15 of Warner’s 21 hundreds have been scored in Australia with another 3 in South Africa. Flat track bully if ever I’ve seen one.

Reactions: JJ

Mr Spock!

Referee
Tim Paine saying what everyone else is thinking.....

"I think that's pretty clear. I think if you took Pujara and Virat out of India's side I think you'd have the same conversation," Paine said in Melbourne. "If you've got world-class players that aren't in your team, are they going to add to our team? I think they will. So while at the moment it's challenging and everyone's frustrated, it is what it is.

"Everyone is working as hard as they possibly can and we're getting guys who are getting experience of high-pressure situations in Test cricket and learning on the job. At times you're going to get inconsistency from guys that are in that situation. The silver lining is that we have got world-class players that are available soon to come back into this side and clearly when they do it will make a huge difference."

"I'm sure guys went home that night and listened to them and had their own thoughts on it but it certainly wasn't discussed during play," Paine said. "What's happened has happened.

"We're getting towards the end when those guys are coming back. That's what the conversation should be around now. It's all been out there. People have had their say and the guys have nearly finished their bans and done their time so I think it's time we started focusing on the fact they're coming back and from that there are real positives."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...ia-dire-need-steven-smith-david-warner-return

TheParraboy

Staff member
15 of Warner’s 21 hundreds have been scored in Australia with another 3 in South Africa. Flat track bully if ever I’ve seen one.

lol

Warner 36 tests away/neutral - 2,665 runs 38.07

most of our top order would kill for that to be their home average LOL

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Why do series-winning hundreds against world class SA attacks in their own conditions not count?

because if you exclude them it makes him look worse, although why you would doctor someone's stats doesn't really make sense

what would be the point of having any stats in that case ?

JJ

Immortal
Warner clearly warrants a spot on batting. He's also a toxic person who could be very divisive. It is a team game after all

Obviously the African wickets are often very similar to Australian ones. In bouncy conditions with no seam he's a monster. In spinning or seaming confirms he's Aaron Finch

Latest posts