What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

The Marshall

Juniors
The boys show has had a hour taken off and now finishes at 6. The callers will have to head into the backyard shed a tad earlier so they are properly cooked in time to get their call in!

no name

Coach
Just watching Robbo on Bill and Boz, have you ever heard anyone talk so much and not give an answer.
f**k he’s a fence sitting space cadet.

A caller by the named Anthony must have been sniffing the paint stripper early today he called the boys up to tell them Les Murray just died......Les died almost 2 year ago!

Laszlo Urge aka Les Murray died in 2017.

Les Murray aka Les Murray poet died recently.

So technically, the caller had their facts right. About the only time Talkin Sport got any facts right.

I better it went this way.

Caller : Did you see Les Murray died?

Heaps : Sorry, I missed that one. Haven't watched SBS lately.

Papworth : He'd be first picked in my team, just quietly.

Gav : ohhhh Graeme. Tsk tsk.

Generalzod

Immortal
Did anyone hear the the interview with Tony Abbott cringe worthy stuff he has been a member for Waringah for over 20 years and now s talks about giving Brookvale a face lift

Generalzod

Immortal
John the Dragons supporter who rang up and said that Cronulla’s premiership is dodgy, I say the only thing dodgy is St George’s performance...by all means support your team but this bloke is delusional...

The Marshall

Juniors
John the Dragons supporter who rang up and said that Cronulla’s premiership is dodgy, I say the only thing dodgy is St George’s performance...by all means support your team but this bloke is delusional...
I'm far from a fan of the Sharks but I must admit I do enjoy it when Andrew calls up he is brilliant at riling up some callers and really gets under Heaps' skin too. He got that John bloke biting straight away.

The Marshall

Juniors
What is he being treated for ..a brain tumour ?
Hope the outcome is good.
They haven’t said exactly what he is getting treated for on the show but they did mention he was getting treated by Dr Charlie Teo who is a neurosurgeon so reading between the lines it’s a brain tumour.

The Marshall

Juniors
Former Australian spinner Gavin Robertson in the “fight of his life”
Robertson’s cricketing career was as up and down as they come, but the man who donned the baggy green four times now faces his toughest task.

After reportedly feeling unwell, Robertson went to the doctor to be checked out and within hours received the devastating news he had a brain cancer.

But speaking on Macquarie Sports Radio, Mat Thompson revealed the former spinner had undergone surgery and was now in the real fight.

“I want to wish our mate Gavin Robertson a happy birthday. I know he’s had happier birthdays than the one he’s experiencing right now,” Thompson said.

“But he has a wonderfully supporting family, great friends and many wellwishers among the supporting public.

“Sadly, the news for Gav is not great.

“I told you a couple weeks back that he’d been feeling unwell with a variety of symptoms, which prompted him to go and seek advice from the great professor Doctor Charlie Teo and within hours he’d been diagnosed with a brain tumour and was in surgery.

Robertson back in his days with the NSW Blues.

“I received an update from Gavin’s family last evening and it’s bad news. Robbo is facing a very long fight.

“When one of the good guys is faced with a struggle like Gavin is, it’s absolutely heartbreaking.

“When I heard the news of his diagnosis last night I was numb. He’s a man who I’ve respected enormously for many years.

“He’s in for the fight of his life.”

The family posted a photo of Robertson following his operation with an update on how it had unfolded.

“It’s time to get to u all and tell where dad is at. He’s had a brain tumour removed on Monday and waiting a week to find out where he’s at with the cancer level and what happens from here,” the post read.

“It’s all happened quickly but Dr Charlie Teo is his friend and he told him at 12 pm Monday to get to his surgery and he operated 5 hrs later.

“Dads had over 400 msgs but I’m just filling in the rest of our friends. Fingers crossed. Keep u up to date. Jake Zoe & Brittany.”

Robertson’s cricket career began in 1987 with the NSW Blues where he struggled to land a spot in the team.

A move to Tasmania two seasons later helped boost his career and after several seasons he found himself back in NSW and helping the Blues claim the Sheffield Shield trophy in 1992-93.

He made his Test debut for Australia against India in 1998, claiming five wickets with his right-handed off-spin bowling.

After retiring from cricket in 2000, Robertson moved into the media and makes regular appearances on Fox Sports’ Bill and Boz program.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...e/news-story/f6a2c8b92e836cdf75202583e6e79119

Latest posts