What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 against warriors

PJ

First Grade
I think there was one at the end that Rieck made to save a try.

Could be wrong.

Simmo did save one in the first half where he knocked the ball loose.

But geeze he had a shocker under the high ball. I can understand someone dropping them in the conditions, but some he didn't come close to touching.

Simmo played like that at fullback and we're umming and ahhing about re-signing peachey?

One bomb in the second half he wasnt even anywhere near...it woulda been a regulation catch for Peach

It's a no brainer, and I agree Simmo should be on the wing, NOT at fullback

Shark

Bench
Well, on Simmo...

As stated, I like the kid. HUGE prospects, I reckon.

I REALLY REALLY want him at Fullback...NEXT YEAR.

But I want that to be in PL for most of the season, except the invariable games Peach will miss through injury.

I just think that by expecting too much, too soon, we could ruin the bloke.

So, DON'T play him out of position, just because he's a talent and there's a chance he could fill a gap. Put an experienced pair on the wings, leave Simmo to keep developing, use him as necessary AT FULLBACK and hand him the spot in 2006 full-time, by which time he will have developed into a dead set little champ.

Frenz...You with me here brother? :lol:

squiddy

Juniors
Beattie had his best game in 2 seasons , funny , he has been linked with the Warriors .

I agve my points this way

3 Matt Hilder , was everywhere , solid in defence and good goalkicking
2 Isemonger - got thru a mountain of work
1 Jason kent - solid at half and didnt make any mistakes

Didn't Merrit play well? Jeez, he's copped a bagging on here over the last few weeks, so credit where credit is due.

Simmo knocked the ball clear from Toopi over the line, but other than that he had a unhappy night. He's our number one try scorer, and will be rookie of the year. A keeper I reckon.

Riecks effort on Murphy certainly saved our bacon. I still think Raper will persevere with Simmo when Peach returns. Merrit may have jumped ahead of Stinky for a wing spot on last nights effort.

Nuffs

Bench
i had thought kent knocked the ball out of his hands. but i'm most probably wrong

3. Gallen - whenever he touched the ball, the warriors had no idea what was going to happen

2. Bickerstaff - best game in a while

1. Stevo - fugg he's a tough bugger

0.5 - Merritt for the catch