What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 against warriors

Shark

Bench
Stevo, Nuts, Simmo. Honourable mention to Waltzing for his goal kicking.

Reefy, I disagree with your assessment of Simmons. I think we are setting him up for failure by NOT playing him at Fullback. He struggles on the wing. Sure, some errors tonight, but poor conditions increase the 'degree of difficulty' by a fair bit.

BUT, I'd like Simmo to be Peachey's understudy/injury double for another season before we cement him into the #1 jersey for the next 5 or 6 years...

hmmm

missed tonites telecast but remember watching last weeks replay and simmons making a wet paper bag look solid in defence. i don't think he has the kahunas ie self-belief to be a top line fullback

must say though he has definitely improved through the season and i'm happy to trust in stu rapers decisions as coach given the number of inspired calls he has made already. look at mcgoldrick's improvement for example

come on simmo prove me wrong !

millersnose

Post Whore
3- stevo
2-gallen
1- isemonger

beattie coming back to form and we woulda been in trouble without him

simmons had a shocker but reefy i think you are over reacting

everyone has a shocker once in a while...though it was pretty bad......

Foz

Bench
3-Ice (he's improved out of sight since the first half a dozen games)
2-Stevo
1-Kent

Forgot to mention I thought goal-kicking won us the game.Hilder has to keep kicking when Noddy returns.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The try saving tackle was by Reick.

Simmo did not stop a thing.

5 handling errors
Missed every bomb
4 missed tackles
No try assists
No trys

If they stick with simmo a fullback we will end up with a liability like Minnicello at fullback.
Great runner, nothing else.

Shark

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
The try saving tackle was by Reick.

Simmo did not stop a thing.

5 handling errors
Missed every bomb
4 missed tackles
No try assists
No trys

If they stick with simmo a fullback we will end up with a liability like Minnicello at fullback.
Great runner, nothing else.

Funny Reefy...

This little quote comes from www.foxsports.com today:

Warriors coach Tony Kemp lamented the squandered opportunities -- like centre Clinton Toopi having the ball dislodged in a David Simmons tackle as he crossed the tryline five minutes before half-time, when the Warriors trailed 12-4.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
like it says, before half time. Not in the last ten minutes.
& Simmo did well to get himslef into a position where he should have already been.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Are you the new Mcsharkie beekershark.
Frustrated at not being able to match it with me so you find it neccesary to stalk my every post?
What is it with nuts like you?

Shark

Bench
Why, are you related to Redback?

Only by name mate!

Don't worry, I don't mean to get personal...I just happen to like young Simmo and I think it's worth sticking up for him, that's all.

As for your defence of the board, you certainly are loyal, however from where I stand the energy you spend defending them would be better directed elsewhere.

They really have FAILED in their obligation of solid, prudent and responsible management, to suggest anything else is really grasping at straws.

beekershark

Bench
Dont get upset and start crying boo hoos just because I stated simmons was the tackler.......and you refuted that, and then...well, you were shown up to be wrong.

I've been wrong before mate, just accept it when you are, it's easy man, I'm used to it ! LOL

Its great you come on here and give an insight into the gossip you get mate, but its not all going to be correct, i should know, I was sure joey was gone to union, heard it from , well, better sources cannot be found ( whats the BEST source to hear things from ? ) but things change and one can get left with egg on face, its no big deal, just talking footy man, no need to get all, schoolyard whingey.

imasharkie

Coach
Sorry beeker and shark I have to agree with reefy here on the poor form of Simmons, he did not contest a bomb tonight he let them bounce and in my opinion that is a cardinal sin and his kick returns were pathetic even peach runs the ball back harder than simmons. We need peach back there asap because simmons missed 2 tackles that led to tries and his offence is crab style, he ain't our long term answer to fullback IMO.
Even with a day gone i'm still gobsmacked at him not attempting to take the high balls

Shark

Bench
Reefy, you haven't answered my PM? :(

Surely I haven't sinned so badly that you would not reply to a polite message? :?

;-)

beekershark

Bench
Dont apologise imasharkie !

I have no problem at all with reefy disagreeing, im also a huge peachey fan, no question about that. I just think simmo has plenty of potential, and I agree with you about the high ball, our back three generally lacked alot of communication last night.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I will admit when I'm wrong, when I'm wrong.
the teams worst defender us Simmons. Same as Mini is for the Roosters.
I like Simmons but he is a liability from the back.

he did not make that tackle.
If Reick had not have made the tackle at the ned haolding the Murphy up., simmons would have had a hand in all of their trys.

Merrit has shown his defense to be better & his catching of the highball. In fact, in those areas he is so far in front, it is not funny.

PJ

First Grade
I've seen Merrit have a night like Simmons have last night under the high ball.

It was in PL this year on a dry ground.

I don't even know why we need to discuss it.

Treat PEachey with respect then we have a proven performer at fullback and his injury might improve if his heart is back in it.

Latest posts