What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Broncos

Meth

Staff member
A few to choose from tonight.

3- Mateo
2- Manu
1- Locke

Special mention to Lillyman, Matulino, Friend and Leuluai

playdaball

Bench
3 mateo
2 Locke
1 TL

Could have chucked in Manu and others as well

Happy days!

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Holy haysuse... where to start

3 Locke - I'm not sure I've seen a better fullback's performance at the Warriors. It was FINALLY awesome to see him backing up through the middle.
2 Lillyman - laid down the red carpet for the outside backs with some awesome carts through the middle
1 Mateo - So skilful. Never let this man get to a year where he's off contract, because with that contract all settled he is playing sensational football.

Matulino was epic, Johnson and Leuluai's combination was terrific, Fish and Hurrell add so much value in attack (still questions on their D but they are great athletes), and big Manu... boy oh boy. The giant is back baby, the beast is back.

tangalife

Juniors
Can never pick these rather than 3, 2, 1 (6 points) one point each to:

Manu, Locke, Leuluai, Neilsen, Lillyman, Matulino

Juju

Juniors
SJ was seriously strutting when we were on top. Crazy what a bit of confidence can do.
I forgot we could play footy like that

Meth

Staff member
I don't think Leuluai will rate as highly as he deserves to tonight. A few epic performances, but that was the best that I have seen Leuluai play this season by a long way.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I seriously can't comprehend why anyone would reckon Lillyman went better than Matulino....massive gulf in the impact those two have on the game. Meh.

1. Mateo
2. Locke
3. Matulino

Feel bad leaving out Leuluai and Manu though

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
...and Johnson....so many blokes today just doing so many good things, making multiple breaks and setting up breaks and offloading etc, as compared to weeks where you're giving blokes 3 points for 1 or 2 good things

Blake

Juniors
3. Mateo
2. Matulino
3. Locke

Matulino was mental tonight. How many meters did our props run for?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Great games by pretty much the whole team.

Packer, Matulino, Rapira, Lillyman did great to get us on the front foot.

Mannering and Taylor were quiet but solid, Taylor needs to leave the one handed passes to Feleti. Mateo was in beast mode and easily MOTM.

Friend, Leuleuai and Johnson did great in controlling the game, great support play from TL.

Neilsen and Hurrell were good in the centres, some good defence by Neilsen on Reed and good attack by Hurrell.

Back 3 of Locke, Fish and Manu were outstanding. Nice to see Manu in open space with the foot down, Fish showed heart with his kick returns.

Peyroux and Ikahihifo did a job, will be good for them to be involved in a win.

Now my votes are:

3. Mateo
2. Locke
1. Leuleuai (by a hair against Manu/Johnson)

MKEB...

Staff member
3.locke
2. Mateo
1. too difficult...Tommy L

Finally the front row rotation really did click. Hurrel only had to score trys, fish looked interested.

Was it just me, or were Thomas and Johnson having turns playing with the line?

Iafeta

Referee
I seriously can't comprehend why anyone would reckon Lillyman went better than Matulino....massive gulf in the impact those two have on the game. Meh.

1. Mateo
2. Locke
3. Matulino

Feel bad leaving out Leuluai and Manu though

A: Because people are entitled to their opinion
B: Because it all starts in the middle. Have to make space for the guys on the edge to do their stuff.

Blair

Coach
The hardest 3-2-1 I've ever done on this site.

3. Mateo (the everywhere man - Daley will be kicking himself tonight that he has that sort of player available but he's not playing Wednesday).
2. Matulino - just too big and strong up the middle, quite awesome to watch actually.
1. Leuluai - if it's his best ever game in a Warriors jersey then I believe he should get a point.

Locke, Friend, Lillyman, Manu, Johnson...et al, all could have swapped places with anyone named above. 56-18 wins are those sorts of nights.

Only bummer was the two Broncos comebacks, it was a little tense, especially with the commentators hyping it. In reality though, it was only the first half one that could have been the killer.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
A: Because people are entitled to their opinion

Yes they are :)

B: Because it all starts in the middle. Have to make space for the guys on the edge to do their stuff.

Yep...and Matulino up the middle was beating defenders, offloading to guys in space, making half-breaks etc. Lillyman had a good game carting it up and doing his job in his usual basic manner.

Gulf in class and ability imo, but each to their own and I don't want to get caught up in debating the merits of our players after a win like that.

Iafeta

Referee
Yeah I thought Matulino was terrific as well... guess its one of those things, some games we're scrambling to find three players to award points to, most of the guys out there tonight deserve points. Matulino was rick-rolling them in the middle. He was sensational.

What a difference with Locke back in the team and playing so well. So many great performances, hard to pick just 3 players but here goes:

3 - Locke
2 - Mateo
1 - Leuluai

Micistm

Bench
How good is it to have more than 5 or 6 players to choose from!?

A refreshing change, and we'll need that confidence for next week vs Manly. Just great to feel good a couple of weeks in a row!:lol:

Mateo-Locke-Manu

Well done lads, and Warriors-stick with Locke, he shows what he can do when on song.

Is the crisis from a couple of weeks ago over, or too soon yet?:?