What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Broncos

Rich102

Staff member
3 - CNK
2 - AFB
1 - DWZ

Sadly this brings us back to reality. Beaten by the baby broncos with 5 of their best missing. Webster was away a bit celebrating the birth of his baby. It showed.

Meth

Staff member
I don’t think the bye helped us to be honest. Very few injured returning and we seem to have taken our eye off the ball

nswarrior

Juniors
3. AFB - Now one of the most crucial players in our team, was on fire yet again
2. DWZ - Was inspired in the second half and kept us in it
1. CNK - Safe as ever while putting in as usual a truckload of work

Now it's easy to get carried away with the DMs, but neither Pompey or Montoya did a whole lot wrong most of the night other than their respective cock ups. Ale's head shot along with the knock on makes me less forgiving.

Ford is overplaying his hand and was all over the shop.

Metcalf was strange, didn't want to bring SJ into the game and kept scooting off for darts himself.
Needs more game time, but Volkman, TMM and Walker all sit above.
100% - Metcalfs job is to let SJ be the dominant half and chime in occasionally. He was disruptive.
Why was Reynolds given so much time?

Some of you huas are DB Bitter today. A game that had it's chances. Broncos just played better.

03. AFB (Every run made a difference. Please get another forward to assist this beast.)
02. DWZ (Ate the metres up and played good when shifted to FB, unluggy to not bag those other tries)
01. Pompey (Besides that last play it was a solid game from Adam unsure why people still hate on this guy. Not one mention of his good parts just that last try mess)

DM: Independent Doctor.

I don't think anyone is to blame for that loss. I feel we just didn't gel well with our players being shuffled and the Broncos just had that intensity the whole game.

I haven't been angry at any of our losses this year. Disappointed but not raging like years before.
I still think we going in the right direction and once we field an actual consistent strong team. We will win more than we lose.

Hov

Juniors
3 - AFB. If only he had a decent propping partner. Thank God Barnett is close.
2- DWZ. Yep, a couple of mistakes but he really threw everything at it tonight and tried to lead by example,
1 - CNK. Ditto.

HM Lussick (did a great job till the injury), Sirro (slotted in really well), Rocco (handled his opposite), Harris (just cos every week)

DM Ale, Pompey, Bunty and whatever dickheads ran on the field. If you ever entertained the thought of another game in your home town , forget it. You made your town look like a pack of primitives.
Agreed on Lussick I thought he was great. He has noticeably upped his physicality in defense which has been great to see. The tackle he got the HIA probably needed a ball and all shot but give him credit for solid contact.

Hov

Juniors
3 DWZ
2 CNK
1 AFB

A game we definitely should of won despite the errors that crept in. I counted 5 genuine trys that we didn't convert due to poor handling, ball in wrong arm when placing etc etc.

A lot of talk about the baby broncos who actually had all experienced NRL whilst the outs we had were fairly significant in terms of our squad balance. With AFB off the field Harris was the lone ranger with no push around him and our attack suffered as a result. If you think he could have potentially had walker tevaga and Barnett supporting AFB that is considerably different to defend. It's no wonder we were at our most potent jn mins 0-30 & 60 - 80. (Those mins are a guess and just going off vibe.)

A missed opportunity for sure but Webster will keep them accountable and there will be some good feedback to the squad.

Bit of a ramble sorry but only just finished watching the replay so I'm getting it out of my system. Haha.

Blair

Coach
3. Addin
2. Charnze.
1. Dallin

Can't these guys just have one surname? I almost didn't give them points, it was too much hassle.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I fully get why you would give DWZ points but on the other hand I couldn't possibly give a winger points for scoring 2 out of 5 times when he has the ball over the line. 4 of those he absolutely should have scored. I know they're 50/50 moments but those moments (DWZ not being the only culprit of course) were the difference between a narrow loss and 20-point win, irrespective of how flat we seemed to be.

Meth

Staff member
01. Pompey (Besides that last play it was a solid game from Adam unsure why people still hate on this guy. Not one mention of his good parts just that last try mess)

I think Pompey has been good overall this year, but whatever good he did in the lead up to that moment was entirely undone by the needlessness and bone-headed stupidity of that grab of the jersey. Absolutely bloody stupid and if it weren't for that, we'd be talking about how we escaped, despite being awfully flat on the night and not the better team...which is something that good teams can do.

There are a couple of things that you can't whitewash-
1- importing class a drugs
2- that play from Pompey

But you seem keen to try to do both.

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Addin Fonua Blake

Fonua Blake 35
Watene-Zelezniak 26
Nicoll-Klokstad 19

Berry 2
Harris 1
Pompey 1

14 voted

Hov

Juniors
I fully get why you would give DWZ points but on the other hand I couldn't possibly give a winger points for scoring 2 out of 5 times when he has the ball over the line. 4 of those he absolutely should have scored. I know they're 50/50 moments but those moments (DWZ not being the only culprit of course) were the difference between a narrow loss and 20-point win, irrespective of how flat we seemed to be.
I gave DWZ the 3 points but at the same time I agree with you 100% about the tries we missed. I think in the wash up of Pompeys indiscretion it has been forgotten that in the first 27 minutes we crossed for 4 genuine try scoring opportunities which means a completely different game and most likely a warriors win.

Meth

Staff member
I also think it was a case of slim pickings on a night where everyone was pretty flat. I gave DWZ a point. In my mind, only Addin and Charnze were worth feeding

I think Pompey has been good overall this year, but whatever good he did in the lead up to that moment was entirely undone by the needlessness and bone-headed stupidity of that grab of the jersey. Absolutely bloody stupid and if it weren't for that, we'd be talking about how we escaped, despite being awfully flat on the night and not the better team...which is something that good teams can do.

There are a couple of things that you can't whitewash-
1- importing class a drugs
2- that play from Pompey

But you seem keen to try to do both.
You've been kicking men (Pompey, Vatuvei) when they're down and out You must be well liked in your circle.

1. No I don't approve importing meth.
2. Pompey brain fart was shit form. Overall our team all failed by putting ourselves in that position.

How long do you want to hold this Manu grudge for?

Do you want Manu to turn things around?

Meth

Staff member
I don’t have a grudge against Manu. Just don’t think he is a great influence on the clubs culture. Pretty sure I’ve said this a few times now. Are you just being obtuse?