What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Bunnies

One Warrior

Bench
Always difficult to pick when we win, particularly yesterday with such a gutsy win by all the guys.

3. Tate
2. Seymour
1. Mannering

Honourable mentions to: Ropati, Ta'ai, Locke, Packer, Royal and Hohaia.

MKEB...

Staff member
3. Tate I thought his best game in a Warriors jumper
2. Packer Stood up when sammy got injured.
1. Luck- Seemed to be bending the line more than I have seen from him in his whole time at the warriors and endless tackling

hitman82

Bench
:crazy:
3 Packer
2 Rapira
1 Mannering

Rapira was heading for another 3 till he got injured

With Ropati, its 2 steps forward 1 step back. He drives me crazy with his unforced errors. Its at the stage where im screaming at the TV telling the guys not to pass to Ropati in our own 20m zone. He is so unreliable.

I see where you (and others) are coming from with Ropati - and very often I would agree. But in this game he was infinitely more valuable than he was frustrating.
1 error led to a Bunnies try = agreed.
But it was off a pass that Captain Casual should never have thrown. You're a fullback returning the ball inside your 10m zone... a solid wall of defenders coming towards you, no advantage to be gained through passing it... to a noted mistake merchant at that - Hohaia needs a good talking to about when to just hold the ball and hit the line. He is just as much to blame for that try as Ropati was.
And Hohaia did it again later in the match too

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member

I see where you (and others) are coming from with Ropati - and very often I would agree. But in this game he was infinitely more valuable than he was frustrating.

Agreed.

I am the first to knock Ropati- it wasn't that long ago that I was calling for him to be axed from the team for good. But he has been much improved this year- that's why Moon is in the Vulcans.

ozreece77

Juniors

Hohaia needs a good talking to about when to just hold the ball and hit the line.

100% agree with you on this. I actually dont like him at fullback that much. I think McKinnon is far better defensively and the only reason Hohaia is there is because he is better at passing to his outsides at the line, which seems to be the new thing with fullbacks these days (eg. hayne, slater, hunt when he played league).

He is still dodgy under the high ball and lets some bounce for no reason. He also takes way too long retrieving the balls that find the grass. He saunters up to them letting them bounce 3 or 4 times rather than attacking the ball and hitting the chasers at pace, costing the team 10-15m in territory everytime. This is also why he sometimes gets caught in the deadball area when he had no reason to be still in there when the chasers arrived.

And as you said. he needs to harden up and take a few more hitups instead of throwing hospital passes to others (and if you throw to Ropati, you are rolling the dice).
Do you think Locke will be tried at fullback? He was struggling under the high balls in that game against Penrith (consequentially he got dropped the following week). Hard to gauge his form at fullback in the U20s as defense isnt really a priority in those games.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
100% agree with you on this. I actually dont like him at fullback that much. I think McKinnon is far better defensively and the only reason Hohaia is there is because he is better at passing to his outsides at the line, which seems to be the new thing with fullbacks these days (eg. hayne, slater, hunt when he played league).

He is still dodgy under the high ball and lets some bounce for no reason. He also takes way too long retrieving the balls that find the grass. He saunters up to them letting them bounce 3 or 4 times rather than attacking the ball and hitting the chasers at pace, costing the team 10-15m in territory everytime. This is also why he sometimes gets caught in the deadball area when he had no reason to be still in there when the chasers arrived.

And as you said. he needs to harden up and take a few more hitups instead of throwing hospital passes to others (and if you throw to Ropati, you are rolling the dice).
Do you think Locke will be tried at fullback? He was struggling under the high balls in that game against Penrith (consequentially he got dropped the following week). Hard to gauge his form at fullback in the U20s as defense isnt really a priority in those games.

I see Lance as a utility; but his best position is at fullback.

We are in between the past and the future right now- McKinnon is the past. Locke, by all accounts in the future. McKinnon is no longer up to it. From what I've heard, Locke is not yet up to it.

Rich102

Staff member
Tate 28
Seymour 27
Packer 13
Mannering 12
Ropati 6
Hohaia 5
Rapira 4
Ta'ai 3
Locke 2
Luck 2