What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3, 2, 1 v Cowboys

ozbash

Referee
I'd drop Hohaia, have Heremaia or Mara starting at hooker, and Johnson on the bench. Alternatively, drop Maloney if he needs a rest, Seymour to 5/8th and Johnson remaining at 7.
Either way, there's NO way we should drop Johnson from the team entirely. Provides far more attacking options than Seymour, and is our future.

Johnson must stay, Maloney seems to be having a few issues.

Seymour isnt the answer imo, Issac John or even Carlos Tuimavave could be until Maloney gets his act together.

Micistm

Bench
Ugh.

Missed the game cos i was out...and have no intention of watching a replay so can't give a 3-2-1. I thought the bye had come at the right time but obviously not

Our props were useless- our go-forward non-existent.

Our props were ok, they only look bad on paper because we had f-all ball. Still, I'm looking forward to see Rapira Snr back in the team and the back ov Latimore.

No-one 3
Johnson 2
Mannering 1

Johnson would've been 3 if he hadn't took some bad kicking options at crucial times.

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
3 Mannering
2 Mateo
1 Johnson

Having said that, apart from 2 huge runs Johnson was ordinary and didn't really do his job

Taylor seems to be flavour of the month and gets points for nothing. Mannering played really well imo but he is not flavour of the month and gets no love no matter what he does.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
So why is Taylor getting 3 points from everyone? Because of his pretty high tackle count?

He showed a lot of intent to me. Wanted to impose himself, wanted to hurt them in D, wanted to make up for the absence of Luck.

Plus there was bugger all else happening from 1-17.

And I don't know about this talk of Johnson to the bench if Seymour comes in. That's not the right mix to me, even if we do want to keep him involved and we know Buster is, by all the sounds (Mannering had similar quotes in the HoS) going to come back when fit.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
3 Mannering
2 Mateo
1 Johnson

Having said that, apart from 2 huge runs Johnson was ordinary and didn't really do his job

Taylor seems to be flavour of the month and gets points for nothing. Mannering played really well imo but he is not flavour of the month and gets no love no matter what he does.

This.

Meth

Staff member
3 Mannering
2 Mateo
1 Johnson

I watched the game again and I think this is a better 3, 2, 1 selection than my one. Rich, please x2 this for me. (I'll edit my initial post to reflect this).

I think re Taylor, it's a case of the tide being low. As I said before, I don't think anybody had a great game, so it's really hard to award points. As you pointed out, Johnson gets on there (he's the flavor of the month) for 2 good runs.

ozenzud

Juniors
Johnson scored a great try and had a great run, but really, in the cold light of dawn, he ruined it by not passing to Hohaia at the right time. Should hav ben a try.

But did he do his job of organising and kicking? You can't give him 3 points for not doing his job well enough. His fitness worries me as well.

Mannering was really good. His best game for a while and he really put his hand up for work. Taylor worked himself to a standstill, but doesn't win the tackle quite enough, but he is athletic in defence.

How long before Sam Rapira is back? Boy we need him. Lillyman's gone to cr*p since the SOO 1. Mateo is getting better and better. Matelino been Mr Consistent.

Good team next year with a bit more experience

Meth

Staff member
Johnson scored a great try and had a great run, but really, in the cold light of dawn, he ruined it by not passing to Hohaia at the right time. Should hav ben a try.

He should have dummied and gone himself.

hitman82

Bench
Sh*t Johnson has some electric pace. He's such an epic prospect, that try was amazing. I think the man-love is well deserved. Stacey Jones the 2nd. Johnson will be in the Kiwis within 2 seasons. Haha

Meth

Staff member
Sh*t Johnson has some electric pace. He's such an epic prospect, that try was amazing. I think the man-love is well deserved. Stacey Jones the 2nd. Johnson will be in the Kiwis within 2 seasons. Haha

not the way Foran is going

ozbash

Referee
3 Mannering
2 Mateo
1 Johnson

so, you just contradicted yourself,, again.

what is it, S Johnson was worth a point or not ?

I think you are just being rumbunctous.. :)

Meth

Staff member
so, you just contradicted yourself,, again.

what is it, S Johnson was worth a point or not ?

I think you are just being rumbunctous.. :)

I think his point is that Johnson gets a point for lack of a better option. That's not a condradiction

Rich102

Staff member
3. Mateo
2. Mannering
1. Johnson

Lillyman & Latimore have no aggression at all. A decent coach would have them fired up.

Speaking of coaching a 59% completion rate and 50 missed tackles (the worst in the NRL) suggests the coaching is shoddy.

Cowboys props. 51 hit-up's for 373 meters. Warriors 33 for 250.

We need to persevere with Johnson. Tupou in for Manu. Mara in for Hohaia. No worries with Taylor.