What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3, 2, 1 v Cowboys

Meth

Staff member
3- Mannering
2- Mateo
1- Johnson

Hohaia sucks. Fisiiahi is not a wing. Manu's star is fading. Our props were useless- our go-forward non-existent.

Last edited:

Judd

Juniors
3. Johnson
2. Taylor
1. Mateo

Manu needs to start earning those megabucks they pay him...he's been utter crap since his return.

Scorpio30

Bench
3. Johnson
2. Taylor
1. Mateo

Manu needs to start earning those megabucks they pay him...he's been utter crap since his return.

I used to think of him as an in the corner try scoring merchant...either barge or from the kick.

Now all I picture is him taking a fairly strong hit up around our 20m line.

3 - Johnson, showed spark, but also needs to pick his spots with chip kicks. Defensively never missed a tackle, great try off scrum and line break before second half.

2 - Taylor, keeps turning up to tackle. not sure why he didnt play 80mins.

1 - Matulino, start this man! very agressive to the end.

No forward made 100m.
Things didnt seem to work for us, dont know if it was just bad luck or not thinking under pressure.
Defensively Manu and Fishi looked terrible, bad reads, coming in field, not trusting inside man?
Around 50% completition in second half, not good enough.
Kicking game non exisistant in second half.
We look rudderless.
Any way we can get Friend to have an early release????
Why cant we score when we get a set in the oppositions 20m!!!

Scorpio30

Bench
3 - Johnson, showed spark, but also needs to pick his spots with chip kicks. Defensively never missed a tackle, great try off scrum and line break before second half.

2 - Taylor, keeps turning up to tackle. not sure why he didnt play 80mins.

1 - Matulino, start this man! very agressive to the end.

No forward made 100m.
Things didnt seem to work for us, dont know if it was just bad luck or not thinking under pressure.
Defensively Manu and Fishi looked terrible, bad reads, coming in field, not trusting inside man?
Around 50% completition in second half, not good enough.
Kicking game non exisistant in second half.
We look rudderless.
Any way we can get Friend to have an early release????
Why cant we score when we get a set in the oppositions 20m!!!

Ive been saying that for at least 2 years.

Meth

Staff member
I don't think anyone actually played well over the course of the game. Taylor was solid. Johnson did some things well, other things not so well. Mannering was ok. Mateo and Rapira were ok, though I wish they got more involved. Matulino had an impact.

But really, i don't think anyone had a good game

_addict

Juniors
3 - Packer ( good first spell, tried hard in the second, he was off for a loong spell though)
2 - Mateo (nice step and fend for Maloney's try, some good off-loads throughout )
1 - Johnson (looking forward to seeing a good combination in the halves then we'll really see his worth)

It was awful from the wings.

Warmess

Juniors
Where the hell has my team gone?

3. Johnson
2. Mateo
1. Taylor

They get the points, but no one put in a complete performance. Very disappointing game.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3-Taylor
2-Johnson
1-Mateo

Cleary saying in the paper today they're hopeful Seymour will be back next week. If he's hopeful, who goes? Surely not Johnson?

hitman82

Bench
3-Taylor
2-Johnson
1-Mateo

Cleary saying in the paper today they're hopeful Seymour will be back next week. If he's hopeful, who goes? Surely not Johnson?

I'd drop Hohaia, have Heremaia or Mara starting at hooker, and Johnson on the bench. Alternatively, drop Maloney if he needs a rest, Seymour to 5/8th and Johnson remaining at 7.
Either way, there's NO way we should drop Johnson from the team entirely. Provides far more attacking options than Seymour, and is our future.

Latest posts