What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 2 1 v Cowmob

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'm not going to vote because I didn't put myself through the misery of watching...but it'd be a very interesting exercise to see who averages the most votes in losses.

It'd probably still be Ben, given his dominance, but I'd suggest Friend's tally goes up a lot in losses. To me that says he's the one putting in the gutsy efforts week in, week out - we don't notice when we're scoring tries and winning but he's the one consistently digging in when others can't be arsed.

Brando

Juniors
I rated Johnson at the start of the year, the way he was so unpredictable and elusive in attack....now he's the most 2 dimensional player out there.

I didn't rate Friend when he started, too old, too predictable and now he is our best player in these dark times.

As for 3 2 1...............who cares!

Izz

Bench
Guess i'll give a 3,2,1.

3. Friend
2. Mateo
1. Tuimavave

Also thought Ikahihifo tried his guts out, as did Manu. Benry looked okay, too, in the second row. Unsure why Lousi only played 30 minutes.

Rich102

Staff member
Interesting.

Friend 33
Manu 12
Mateo 12
Tuimavave 4
Rapira, Luck, Ikahihifo, Maloney & Lousi 1 each.

11 voted.

Meth

Staff member
That's your best shot? Take some time and have another go.

LOL.

No, it wasn't my best shot. It wasn't intended to be a shot. More a light hearted jab. You're a good sort Rich.

But I will say 2 things-

#1- I cannot see how anybody in their right might would think that Maloney played better on Saturday night than Manu. On closer inspection, the bloke who gave Maloney a point gave Manu 2, and also confessed to not watching the game. You'd have to have not watched the game to award Maloney a point, and that's exactly what happened.

#2- It always amuses me that whenever you old blokes (you, Ozbash and particularly Skinner) get a 'shot' (perceived only in this case, but however....), the stock standard response from all of you is either a variation of "that's your best shot?" or "you're not worth a response mate". Its so boring.

Rich102

Staff member
Fair enough.
Next year will give us a better idea of Maloney's worth.
I haven't heard of any signings that will go close to replacing him.

Meth

Staff member
meh. I am not too worried about losing Maloney. I am sure he will benefit from playing in a team that has SBW in it though. Will suit his game (and vice versa)

Blair

Coach
#1- I cannot see how anybody in their right might would think that Maloney played better on Saturday night than Manu. On closer inspection, the bloke who gave Maloney a point gave Manu 2, and also confessed to not watching the game. You'd have to have not watched the game to award Maloney a point, and that's exactly what happened.

That's correct. Maloney got a point for simply being there after I saw him get injured (vs Cronulla) in what seemed like a season ender. He's tough, you have to admit that.

Didn't see the Cowboys game and by all accounts he continued his disappointing form (like most of the team).

Aragorn

First Grade
meh. I am not too worried about losing Maloney. I am sure he will benefit from playing in a team that has SBW in it though. Will suit his game (and vice versa)

meh... not too worried about losing Maloney.... meh....plenty more fish in the sea.. ..meh...:lol: