What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Manly

Rich102

Staff member
3. CNK
2. Barnett
1. SJ

Funny, neither Warrior team looked on-song today.

Meth

Staff member
Interesting to see CHT come on to spell Harris. Plenty of enthusiasm in his stint but pity he couldn't get his communication with Barnett right.

Thought that was just Barnett getting in the way

Meth

Staff member
Intereseting his efforts in most of his game play was there. What did he do wrong?

The running hard on angles was not intelligent. The game plan was rubbish for the conditions.

Like I said, he's more Ford than Ford. He'll end up with good stats. He made a lot of tackles, but missed some. To be honest, his side looked diabolical in the first half and I pin that on him more than anyone, I think. He carried the ball up enough. But yeah, as much as I fundamentally don't think Ford is a good player, he's been better than Capewell this year, which shows you how unimpressed I am with him.

That disruptor penalty was bad, but he should have known better than to challenge it. I think he gave away another penalty too and Manly scored on the next set.

Izz

Bench
Thought that was just Barnett getting in the way
Yeah maybe. Happened a couple times. Both times it looked like Barnett thought the play was for CHT to push into the line. But it could just as easily have been Barnett getting in the way

Meth

Staff member
2. Johnson - managed us back into it. Missed the winning play on this occasion, but would have if Tohu didn't knock on.

Yeah, this is what I didn't see.

Johnson missed the tackle in the lead up to Manly's first try, but that's forgivable...halves miss tackles.

Johnson missed the conversion, which was very kickable and would have been the difference, maybe....but that's forgivable. You nail some that are harder and you miss some that you shouldn't. Plus, the conditions weren't easy.

My main beef with Johnson last night was the complete apparent absence of management.

That disruptor penalty was bad, but he should have known better than to challenge it. I think he gave away another penalty too and Manly scored on the next set.

Agreed, losing that challenge on something blatantly illegal didn't do us any favors. I thought he made up for his error with his efforts, but something still isn't right.

Our right side used to be our potent side. I don't know if it's just teams knowing our plays now or if it's the halves (SJ) not showing any variation in attack.

I thought we played poorly in the conditions out there, and although they eventually adapted as the game progressed, something is off. So, I understand your point of view.

ozenzud

Juniors
3. CNK
2. Montoya
1. Barnett

Roger ran 200? Well he dropped a couple and missed a few tackles. SJ was off. His passing in the first half was shite.

Manly brought a game plan to shut us down in the middle and on our strengths. They have a big pack. Bloody lucky to get a point. Bit like the Canberra game, they won, but played shite. I don't see a team that premiership contenders ATM but I see a team that stays in the fight. Comp is all over the place and my picks are a mess!

vvvrulz

Coach
3. CNK
2. Barnett
1. SJ

CNK absolutely owns that fullback spot.
SJ was mixed but we don't get that result without him.

I'm quite chuffed we played probably our worst half of the season but we still hung in there, didn't the lead blow out and found ways to steal that premiership point. Very un-warriors, once again shows the amount of fight we bring under Webby.

Meth

Staff member
Warriors of the week is Charnze Nicoll Klokstad

CNK- 52
Barnett 31
Johnson 11

Montoya 5
Egan 4
Fonua-Blake 2
Harris 2
Watene-Zelezniak 2
Martin 1
Capewell 1

No vote (@Leber ) 3

18 voted

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Funny (typical) in light of our voting how SJ and AFB got Dally M points and Barnett got none.
Had to laugh reading comments online how DCE getting the full 6 points was only because of anti warrior bias haha, I swear Warriors memberships must come with a tin foil hat lol