What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 v Sharkies

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Watch out for mr negative, if it gets us out of our half without a knock on then what harm is done?

The harm of repeatedly giving possession to the opposition after not posing any threat to them at all i.e. the very essence of poor attacking rugby league?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I don't want to stink up the thread with excessive negativity...I'm happy we won comfortably and in particular defended well, but we play boring. Boring only gets you so far.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
agree with manu. at no point did we look like scoring 37 points, the fact that we did was really only aided by how poor the sharks are.

that kind of football is passable against the dud teams, but it's not going to get us anywhere against teams capable of scoring points.

Iafeta

Referee
No one really had a bad game but Hohaia only made 52m, for a fullback playing the 80 thats terrible....I doubt thats happened this season by any fullback in the comp. Moon and Matulino both made 180m each so a great performance from them both.

The forwards were awesome.

Just on Lance, I didn't really think he went to be honest. It seemed he was more keen to dish the ball off off long kick receptions to Tupou and Vatuvei, which I don't disagree with as they return the ball better than him. That usually accounts for a lot of fullback metres. He made a great tackle on Gardner though and his bomb defusals were good.

3 - Maloney (Overall the NRL best buy of the year)
2 - Big Man Matulino (Big Ben has answered our prop signing)
1 - Lance Hohaia - Can't believe ppl picking on him, hes not that great on the returns but he has saved our bacon when it counts, Would like to see Jro at Fullback again (Only FB)

Meth

Staff member
3 - Maloney (Overall the NRL best buy of the year)
2 - Big Man Matulino (Big Ben has answered our prop signing)
1 - Lance Hohaia - Can't believe ppl picking on him, hes not that great on the returns but he has saved our bacon when it counts, Would like to see Jro at Fullback again (Only FB)

So;

1- You think that Lance Hohaia was one of the 3 best Warriors on the park

2- Having said that, you want to replace him

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

So;

1- You think that Lance Hohaia was one of the 3 best Warriors on the park

2- Having said that, you want to replace him

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Yeah his D was outstanding but like someone said earlier he looks tired too. Maybe a few weeks rest whilst your man love partner can show his stuff at the back. I like both at Fullback but to keep it simple for you. I would rather see Jro there until he rests ;-)

Meth

Staff member
Yeah his D was outstanding but like someone said earlier he looks tired too. Maybe a few weeks rest whilst your man love partner can show his stuff at the back. I like both at Fullback but to keep it simple for you. I would rather see Jro there until he rests ;-)

Yeah, those 6 tackles he made were outstanding :roll:

As it is, I know he made a try-saver; but top 3 players on the park when so many players performed so well, with 52 m from the back? If he was one of the top 3 players on the park last night nobody would be making the accusation of him being tired and nobody would be entertaining the thought of dropping him for a spell.

The ONLY player who MAY have had a worse game than him was Seymour. To give him a point shows what your perspective is worth- spit

Last edited:

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
3 Maloney - solid play and goal kicking, good backing up.
2 Heremaia - his dart from dummy half, changed the game
1 Topou - for three tries

Honorable mentions - Lillyman and Matulino had better games. Great to have Rapira back, runs hard and straight. Joel Moon is playing a lot better, and is an extra place kick option. Ti'ai is the man! The hookers a working better, except that move when they run to the side and pass back into the play-of-the-ball....ugly play. Agree with earlier post....boring.

Good win for the Warriors, but.....
Their attack still feels dull, and they need to step up their intensity levels.
Good set completion but they missed 50 tackles, Sharks beat themselves.

Rich102

Staff member
3- Moon
2- Matulino
1- Tupou

With performances like his, it'd be really hard to leave Moon out. Outstanding defensively, got his hands on the ball, broke the line and also looked to offload all the time.

And given Hohaia's dull form at the back, I'd love to stick Jerome there when he comes back - but it won't happen. Can't put Lance in the hooking rotation, they're going too well, and isn't much value anywhere else.

Matulino, brilliant as well. Ivan's come up trumps putting him in the front row. And well done Billy Tupou.

Quick mention of the Moon try - am I the only person who dead-set saw that Manu touched that?

No! 6786 people in blue and black jerseys at Shark Park saw it clear as day.

Meth

Staff member
I thought it was inconclusive- I was happy it was awarded but wouldn't have minded if it were denied.

BOTD correct call

Rich102

Staff member
3. Maloney. Wants to win and doesn't care how.
2. Moon. His only position is centre.
1. Tupou. Good to see him get rewarded.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No! 6786 people in blue and black jerseys at Shark Park saw it clear as day.

Wow..6786 at Shark Park? Sounds made up. Hats off to those fans.

And I didn't see any doubt in it at all, but that's one of the great things in life - everyone sees it differently.