What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 2 1 v sharks

ozenzud

Juniors
Man some people on here have some pretty average opinions. Everyone's entitled to them for sure, but blaming McFadden for the loss? Seriously? There are some valid reasons why Cappy made some calls.

Wright isn't a bad defender. TJ is a really good defender. Lolohea is obviously carrying an injury and has been well down on pace.

A coach might drop a starting player to send a message to the individual and the team. None of which any of us really need to know about. What the team and the coach served up last night can't be knocked. What they have served up for the last 4 weeks has been pretty good but that loss was the best of the season by a country mile.

Wrights game wasn't too bad besides that dropped pass and failing to pick up that rolling ball. Again, Im with cappy, Wright could have caught that pass but it was a very poor pass from Ayshford and he is probably only 30% responsible.

Gubb was poor? He actually had a good running game. I think if you are a good defender with a bit of a rep, people don't run at you.

Mannering is obviously MOM with 3, I thought Thomson was excellent for 2 and SJ 1 for good gutsy effort.

Blair

Coach
Yes, ozenzud.

3. Mannering - I watched him stop Fifita all night.
2. Thompson - runs great lines. An 'attacking forward'.
1. Johnson - I don't want to always not give him points when he doesn't play brilliantly or at least have a match-winning moment. He's hampered by injury but put in the effort.

HM, Ayshford, as mentioned, he's a gun-signing. Vete, big, mobile and strong up the middle. Hoff a real pro, a couple of errors yesty though, but at the game you see his worth. Wright played a good winger's...(most of) first half!

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
5 runs yep great

And we said the selection was bollocks before the game, so why the problem? Also said the dropping of Tevaga was crap, plenty for Leuluai to work on, he doesn't get dropped, Kata has come right but the same for him, no rhyme nor reason...

jaseg

Juniors
3 Mannering
2 Bodene
1 Johnson

Ayshford, Fusitua, Kata (2 brilliant jam-ins followed by completed tackles saved overlaps), Luke, Vete, Matulino all unlucky

vvvrulz

Coach
Could have sworn Thomas scored a try.

Nope, lunged at the line and dropped it short.
With tackles to spare if I remember correctly.

Not faulting his effort there, or in general, but as long as we field him we're carrying a would-be playmaker with no playmaking ability

MKEB...

Staff member
3. Fusitua
2. Matulino
1. Mannering...the penalty try was needless IMO even a binning was needless. Expected from him TBH;.... but you cannot argue with his defensive clout. Ragdolling Barba was instant points.

Big Marn

Bench
3 Mannering
2 Fusitua - already better than Lolo at FB, but hes a better finisher on the wing than anyone else in the team so he has to go back there to make the most of our right side attack. He has to. No one else can do those killer putdowns in the corner. If McFadden cant see that, then im done defending him.
1 Matulino

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
3. Matulino
2. Mannering
1. Johnson

Well played by the team, days gone by we would shit the bed in that scenario and let the Sharks run away with the second half. Need to keep building

TheDMC

Bench
1. mannering
2. fusitua
3. johnson

great intensity all game by the warriors.

I was a bit disappointed that in the last 10 mins of regular time and in extra time they just tried making meters up the middle and were getting nowhere set after set - I was yelling at them to go wider early in the tackle count, but they didn't hear me.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Perhaps but Tui hasn't played well in the halves and has had chances...
I know he had 1 starting game as the 6 for our win against the Bulldogs where he played great at 6 for the short time he was there.

He got pushed in there against the Roosters but that was unexpected and considering the lack of game time hes had there it was a bit sudden.

Latest posts