What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 2 1 v Slippery Eels

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
How good was our last set? Try needed to win, 30 seconds on the clock.....lets take 4 hitups.

And on the hookers Berrigan really outplayed Heramaia.

Didn't understand that at all either.

Guys who stood up for me were Matulino, Rapira, Ropati and Luck.
Those who didn't were Hohaia and Heremaia.
I thought the rest were fairly average but at the same time not shi*. Feel a bit for the Fish but thought he pulled himself together after those two mistakes and did ok. Maloney needs to stop being a wanker and just play the game. Its all good that he's got passion and wants to get under the opponent's skin a bit, but he needs to settle down a bit. Hohaia needs to play like a veteran but doesn't and Heremaia didn't pick his dummy half runs. Mateo tried, which i guess is a positive but prob wasnt the game to do so.

All in all, it was the first game of the season and I'm not too disappointed with the rustiness. Hopefully the team can start gelling together and string some good minutes together with the ball in hand. We lose a lot with Vatuvei being out but both Inu and Locke are capable of filling in nicely so fingers crossed whoever gets his spot owns it.

Rich102

Staff member
Didn't understand that at all either.

Guys who stood up for me were Matulino, Rapira, Ropati and Luck.
Those who didn't were Hohaia and Heremaia.
I thought the rest were fairly average but at the same time not shi*. Feel a bit for the Fish but thought he pulled himself together after those two mistakes and did ok. Maloney needs to stop being a wanker and just play the game. Its all good that he's got passion and wants to get under the opponent's skin a bit, but he needs to settle down a bit. Hohaia needs to play like a veteran but doesn't and Heremaia didn't pick his dummy half runs. Mateo tried, which i guess is a positive but prob wasnt the game to do so.

All in all, it was the first game of the season and I'm not too disappointed with the rustiness. Hopefully the team can start gelling together and string some good minutes together with the ball in hand. We lose a lot with Vatuvei being out but both Inu and Locke are capable of filling in nicely so fingers crossed whoever gets his spot owns it.

Turtle. For your votes to count you have to pick up to three players and award them points on a 3, 2, 1 basis. OK? Can you clarify your vote please.

hitman82

Bench
Maloney ripped Hayne's boot off and threw it into the crowd in the first half of the third instalment of league's doomsday Eden Park trilogy on Saturday night. The missing slipper slowed Hayne up for three tackles. Maloney's second attack on him seemed calculated to slow the brilliant fullback up for a lot longer.
After reading that http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=10712237 I'm tempted to give Maloney 3 points for being a hilarious nutcase

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Eels choked the warriors out of the game.
Warriors forwards got taught to wrestle by the new WWE champions Parramatta Eels.

Nobody wants to admit being Kearney but all he has brought the storm.

Watch a replay of the game and watch the ruck and how they slowed it down.

Please berrigan is no better than heremaia.
Heremaia has variety in attack - but we need some space.
Berrigan can tackle pretty good and run straight that is.

Luck has put some venom into defence for once.
Must feel underpressure a little.

Need to get both Taai and Rapira (steve) fighting fit to be brought up to FG.

Hohaia played in no trials give the man a break.

MKEB...

Staff member
3. Packer (apart from the 2nd tackle knock on with 5 to go) showed some mongrel and constantly looked strong with ball in hand and on defence.

2. Jro A good game as a makeshift winger

1. Mannering...huge workrate on attack and defence

Izz

Bench
Mannering -- 3
Berrigan-- 2
Rapira -- 1

JRo, Packer and Luck get mentions as well.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
This week's results:

Ropati 27
Berrigan 20
Rapira 13
Brown 10
Packer 7
Luck 6
Mateo 6

JAG

Juniors
3 Ropati
2 Mannering
1 Packer

Oooooops! Just realised I'm too late. SORRY!

Rich102

Staff member
First week we make exceptions;-)

This week's (new) results:

Ropati 30
Berrigan 20
Rapira 13
Brown 10
Packer 8
Luck 6
Mateo 6
Mannering 6

hitman82

Bench
Hohaia isn't a leader, never has been. Think about his best games, how often has he made the players around him look better? Most of the memorable Hohaia moments are individual brilliance.

Our defense is the same, dominating them doesn't even come into our thought process. It's a "bend but don't break" approach to defense where we hold and limit as oppose to dominate.

Losing happens, but the weak negative manner in which we lose is the reason why I don't rate Cleary as a coach. He's good for rebuilding a team or great in a crisis, but a premiership winning coach, not a chance.

...what I meant is he should be leading by example, being an experienced player and current international etc.

Latest posts