What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Titans

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
He’s f**king shit. He’s a nitwit with no ability. When your team is carrying players who are OBVIOUSLY shit and the bottom team is doing you by 60 it’s actually quite important to point it out.
I look forward to you letting us know tomorrow what you’ve been drinking and how many have disappeared

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Yeah, we get it, but the hyperbole can cool down a notch.

Ford has good days and shit days, today was a shit day in a team where basically nobody bothered. There were a dozen guys who were just as bad.

It’s not hyperbole. We had our worst loss in 700 games. In that context, what can be hyperbole?

Meth

Staff member
Ford is playing big minutes in the middle and hasn't done that at any stage in his career. I bet he's feeling it physically, which to me explained why he didn't chase back from marker for that try before half time

I’m sorry, but that is no excuse.

We all climbed into Kosi and Vailea. Ford was just as bad, if not worse.

vvvrulz

Coach

Er, what?

Ford will derp, spectacularly at times, but every week he’s playing big minutes, making solid metres and generally making his tackles. He’s also often one of the few chasing opponents broken through (dunno what happened today).

Kosi has basically zero upside and never has, he does mostly jack shit. It’s not even close to a comparison.

Meth

Staff member
Er, what?

Ford will derp, spectacularly at times, but every week he’s playing big minutes, making solid metres and generally making his tackles. He’s also often one of the few chasing opponents broken through (dunno what happened today).

Kosi has basically zero upside and never has, he does mostly jack shit. It’s not even close to a comparison.

yeah, you’re right- there’s no comparison. One is a fringe first grader and the other seems to be first picked.

Where there is a comparison is that they both gave up. Generally, that gets you crucified around here- but for Ford, we make excuse

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Er, what?

Ford is 6’ 95kg, slow and uncoordinated

Kosi is 6’3” 105kg and way faster than Ford

I don’t rate Kosi at all but if you can’t see the upside of one over the other you must be working recruitment for the Warriors

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I legit think Ford and Kosi are both NSW Cup players so they’re pretty similar IMO

Absolutely. Ford simply has no physical attributes that go beyond Sharman Cup level, so why would we expect him to be an NRL player? Yet it’s treated like a personal insult here to point that out….and that’s not even mentioning the fact that the egregiously untalented bloke is also aggressively stupid.

I don’t rate Kosi at all but if you can’t see the upside of one over the other you must be working recruitment for the Warriors
I can't speak for others and don't know who replaces Ford as I dont have the knowledge of the squad but other than today he normally is an average player who tries.
Kosi is an average player who doesn't.

There are often aspects of a expectations ceiling on players (at all level of sports), so everyone has different expectations of different players (higher for your own kids as well probably).
Ford ceiling isn't high vs say Barnett or AFB, so effort can overshadow other weakness.
Pay checks probably come in there somewhere as well for expectations.
Another aspect is we don't know effort that goes on at training.

We all get our players that annoy us, but they have more talent in their little toenail than most of us.
So not trying or the perception of players not trying is most infuriating for me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as well.
So f**k off Ford. :)

Big Marn

Bench
Yep. Its a problem. Maybe this will make the thinktank at the Warriors reassess.

Penrith get by fine with small nippy fellows on the wings. Montoya slow af. Pompey slow af. RTS.. burned by fifita save a desperation ankle tap. He can probably mske up for it in other areas. I hope..
That Motu fella in nsw cup might have wheels.Give him a go.
The eternal issue is there are 2 aspects to the game. Attack and Defence. If you are conceding as many tries as you can score tries, how much better off is the team? Exhibit A. DWZ. So the speed coming into the side better be an upgrade defensively too.

Re. Ford. Ive put the boot into him as much as anybody.Somehow he gets a full time gig. I dont know why.. But i dont think yestedays game was the one to single him out.
Everyone was atrocious. Both CHT and Jazz came on and missed their first tackles which resulted in tries. Not exactly the bench impact the team was looking for.
Game was a conplete shit show

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

You know I love you bro but that is a pretty silly comparison. Ford has had plenty of big moments for the Warriors, and some during the last few weeks. Kosi has done f**k all for us, ever. Who cares how big and fast he is.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

It's no excuse to play big minutes in the middle when you're not used to that responsibility and you're a sub 100kg body having to halt much bigger bodies coming your way? Its not an excuse anyway, it's a potential explanation of why he didn't track back quick enough at marker for the try in the 32nd min. This is a guy who has limited ability - so you and others say - but puts himself on the line regularly and has become a regular first grader because of it. He was mega in the three game winning streak with guys missing around him. So I don't get why he gets dragged over hot coals for one 'lazy' play.

Kosi and Vailea play on an edge where they are required to make 10 tackles a game and a few hit ups. Being a pea heart for them does not compare to the fatigue of playing in the middle. Plus, they're used to their positions. Ford probably hasn't played in the middle in his life.

Again, I'm a big fan of MV but he could do with calming down. Ford has had big moments for this club, and yes he does have a fair few lows in him. Maybe he isn't FG standard. But Webster is the guy playing him in an unaccustomed role.

And to call him the sort of names coming out above, is rank.