What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Storm

Skram

Juniors
3 ~ Matulino
2 ~ Mara
1 ~ Manu

Packer unlucky, thought Rapira looked good before his injury too.
Johnson seemed not quite up for it today. He walked after Manu's second attempt to run around O'Neill when he was one of the closest support players. We miss Locke, Fish's game lacks the urgency and persistent presence of Locke's.

vvvrulz

Coach
Don't get me wrong I love the guy, but that's two games in a row he's made blunders that's lead to tries. Both times it killed any possible comeback. Time for some accountability.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Don't get me wrong I love the guy, but that's two games in a row he's made blunders that's lead to tries. Both times it killed any possible comeback. Time for some accountability.

A pass inside the opposition half when he's going out does not = lead to try. He made a split second decision with no one around. Not his fault.

TheDMC

Bench
3- Maloney (ran well, tackled well, kicked great, and his defensive positioning at fullback was perfect...)
2- Packer
1- Manu - great meters and tried to win us the game, perhaps a sympathy point.

Hurrell would have featured in the points except his defence was poor at times.
Johnson, don't mind him drifting across looking for openings, but he should do this wider out...ie semi final and gf style...not around the center where defense is compressed.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Yep, Hurrell had a bit of a mare missing Widdop for the first try and then on a couple of occasions after that. Guess he is in the honeymoon phase and not the "every one of this powerhouse Tongan's errors, and even some that aren't really errors, must be ruthlessly scrutinized" phase.

tangalife

Juniors
Its hard to seperate for points. I thought Lousi played great for his time on the field.

3. Maloney, because he looked dangerous and made some great runs.
2. Mannering, so solid in defence cant fault him
1. Mara, could easily have got more than 1 point but didnt get enough game time. Was execellent in his first spell really good to see hes got some potential.

Hon mentions: Lousi, Packer, Hurrell.

Izz

Bench
3 Packer
2 Hurrell
1 Matulino

Not entirely sure why there's so much Manu hating this game. Yeah, he probably could've stepped back inside and taken the tackle both times, but you have to ask: where were his support players both times?

Kudos to the Fish for coming back on. He looked like he was hurting.
How bad is Rapira's injury? He can't seem to catch a break this season.

And why did Mara only play 30 minutes? Seriously, BluesClues, playing a fill-in hooker for nearly 50 minutes, when it was obvious he wasn't up to it? Would've much preferred Brown to move to lock when Mateo had his ten minute spell and Mara to come back on then. We needed Brown charging into the line one or two off the ruck.

Last edited:

Izz

Bench
The real positive out of this game was Matulino smashing Quinn. Quinn has to be one of the grubbiest players in the comp.

vvvrulz

Coach
And why did Mara only play 30 minutes? Seriously, BluesClues, playing a fill-in hooker for nearly 50 minutes, when it was obvious he wasn't up to it? Would've much preferred Brown to move to lock when Mateo had his ten minute spell and Mara to come back on then. We needed Brown charging into the line one or two off the ruck.

Yes that was another head scratcher. Its frustrating because we are probably 20% short of being the best in the comp but are let down by some dumb coaching and management.

beefstew

Juniors
Yes that was another head scratcher. Its frustrating because we are probably 20% short of being the best in the comp but are let down by some dumb coaching and management.

Probably because Bluey had to make 3 interchanges he hadn't planned on...Fish (soft), Rapira and Fish coming back on.

hitman82

Bench
Probably because Bluey had to make 3 interchanges he hadn't planned on...Fish (soft), Rapira and Fish coming back on.

There's a valid point actually. I was swearing about the short minutes for Mara, but that could well be the real reason for it. Brown's service was rather laboured and generally inferior to Mara's. I'd almost consider keeping Mara as a bench hooker when Friend returns - I've really liked his style these last couple of weeks.

Skram

Juniors
Me too, carrying four forwards is nice but even if he's seldom used off the bench Mara could be a potential x-factor.

hitro

Juniors
Did anyone else notice Storm players dropping an elbow or a forearm on Shaun Johnsoon's face every time he was on the ground? Dirty bastards! That's why he was staggering round half the time. He should get up swinging like Benji did last week on Tamou

hitman82

Bench
Did anyone else notice Storm players dropping an elbow or a forearm on Shaun Johnsoon's face every time he was on the ground? Dirty bastards! That's why he was staggering round half the time. He should get up swinging like Benji did last week on Tamou

They also worked over Hurrell a couple of times too. They're a bunch of slimey androtops. I'm opposed to diving, but in situations like those I'd encourage us to lay down and get the video review. Piece of shit human beings.

Latest posts