What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Storm

ozbash

Referee
Did anyone else notice Storm players dropping an elbow or a forearm on Shaun Johnsoon's face every time he was on the ground? Dirty bastards! That's why he was staggering round half the time. He should get up swinging like Benji did last week on Tamou

character building stuff.

Shaun will toughen up in no time ..

vvvrulz

Coach
Did anyone else notice Storm players dropping an elbow or a forearm on Shaun Johnsoon's face every time he was on the ground? Dirty bastards! That's why he was staggering round half the time. He should get up swinging like Benji did last week on Tamou

The Storm have been grubby for years mate, anyone care to remember Cam Smith's elbow in the face of Locke in last years semi?

beefstew

Juniors
There's a valid point actually. I was swearing about the short minutes for Mara, but that could well be the real reason for it. Brown's service was rather laboured and generally inferior to Mara's. I'd almost consider keeping Mara as a bench hooker when Friend returns - I've really liked his style these last couple of weeks.

He has looked very solid, i also noticed him pull out of a couple of passes when the runner was flat at best...shows he's thinking clearly as well,
it's a shame he didn't get more time, but our props needed rotating after extended minutes.

_addict

Juniors
Shaun was probably hit because Locke wasn't there. Some players attract grubbiness, and Nobby is an absolute magnet for the grub

JoeD

First Grade
It's one of the things hate about the game. Johnson stays down we get a penalty and maybe we win. Why does he have to stay down to get the penalty. Isn't there 2 refs, 2 touchiest and a video ref watching the game? It was about as blatant as a forearm to the face can be. I saw it 50m away and they can't?

Rich102

Staff member
Totals:

Maloney 24
Hurrell 19
Mannering 15
Packer 15
Matulino 14
Mara 7
Vatuvei 6
Mateo 2

17 voted.

vvvrulz

Coach
It's one of the things hate about the game. Johnson stays down we get a penalty and maybe we win. Why does he have to stay down to get the penalty. Isn't there 2 refs, 2 touchiest and a video ref watching the game?

Not everyone can be Jarryd Hayne.

ozenzud

Juniors
I agree with the questions about Mara being off. I noted that Bluey only bought him back on with about 10 to go. Which is just too late.

Fishiahi has been a big disappointment. My 12 year old son said we went better with Maloney at FB then when the Fish was on. I thought about it and he was right. I dunno what it is, he just seems to lack game awareness and strength. He just gets smashed when he comes into the line and looks gun shy.

Locke is smaller but plays with more agression.

Two of the storms tries were dubious. That was definitely a forward pass. Husband was trying to be as diplomatic as possible but make it clear what he thought.

Manu's game, was pretty bloody good, except for those two lay backs. Nobby might have been there, but nobody else. He should have taken the tackle on both. The try he did score was excellent. Hurrell was my MVP because he created chances, finished them and bent the line every time.

The storm sat too many of our players on their backs. Notice how they lifted everyones feet now they can't wrestle and chicken wing. Then they spin you around. Ben was the only one to stop them from doing it.

Gotta hand it to Bellache. He can adapt his tactics.

_addict

Juniors
:lol: it's why I don't bother voting in this farce.
Haha You're surrounded by frickin' idiots - and for this round I'm one of them. Jimmy played well.
252px-Dr_evil.jpg

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The voting in this is usually only representative of one side of the game, I'll put it that way.

Latest posts