What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Titans

Meth

Staff member
You know I love you bro but that is a pretty silly comparison. Ford has had plenty of big moments for the Warriors, and some during the last few weeks. Kosi has done f**k all for us, ever. Who cares how big and fast he is.

I want to temper this by saying that I respect you and @vvvrulz - but basically, we're here because I think that this forum often doesn't seem to get the idea of a limited comparison. Comparing Kosi and Ford in a way does not mean that you're equating them in every way. The comparison, which vvzrulz reacted to, was really just saying that the thing that Kosi did, which infuriated us all and made us basically write him off, Ford also did IMO.

Meth

Staff member
It's no excuse to play big minutes in the middle when you're not used to that responsibility and you're a sub 100kg body having to halt much bigger bodies coming your way?

No, not really. If you aren't up to it, play less minutes and get out of the middle.

And yes, I get it....it's not him shifting him into the middle and determining how many minutes he's playing, it's Webster. But I don't think anyone can accuse me of missing his culpability in this.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I want to temper this by saying that I respect you and @vvvrulz - but basically, we're here because I think that this forum often doesn't seem to get the idea of a limited comparison. Comparing Kosi and Ford in a way does not mean that you're equating them in every way. The comparison, which vvzrulz reacted to, was really just saying that the thing that Kosi did, which infuriated us all and made us basically write him off, Ford also did IMO.
Of course everyone has an opinion and I respect and enjoy the ability to see your viewpoint.

To me, they're different. Kosi on more than one occasion gave up because he couldn't be f**ked, not through exhaustion. I bet Ford had a relatively weak moment in fatigue, when he didn't get back from marker and hoped the play wouldn't go behind the ruck...it did, exposing his error. If I compare to the Roosters game and Kosi, he wouldn't have been nearly as tired, knew he had to try chase Dom Young but didn't. To me, that was weak as piss. Ford, I can forgive because he has a lot of credit in the bank on effort

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No, not really. If you aren't up to it, play less minutes and get out of the middle.

And yes, I get it....it's not him shifting him into the middle and determining how many minutes he's playing, it's Webster. But I don't think anyone can accuse me of missing his culpability in this.
Yeah, so my issue would be with Webster, as you say. Ford puts in 100 each week and he got caught out in fatigue.

Meth

Staff member
I generally think that you blokes are hard on Kosi and soft on Ford.

I don't think either of them are much good.

vvvrulz

Coach

Nah, I reacted to something else

Agree to disagree on Ford, I don’t have much more to add to that debate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meth

Staff member
Nah, I reacted to something else

Agree to disagree on Ford, I don’t have much more to add to that debate.

yeah, happy to agree to disagree. You did react to the post you reference but you also seperately responded to the limited comparison between Kosi and Ford

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ford is 6’ 95kg, slow and uncoordinated

Kosi is 6’3” 105kg and way faster than Ford

I don’t rate Kosi at all but if you can’t see the upside of one over the other you must be working recruitment for the Warriors
Kosi’s height and size aren’t an upside unless he uses them. Hes not Manu, hell he’s not even Ken Maumalo.
As for speed, I’d hope he’s faster than Ford, he’s a winger FFS. But he’s slow for a winger, whereas Ford has perfectly acceptable pace for a forward.

Meth

Staff member
As much as one of @Manu Vatuvei's inebriated posts may have crossed the line in terms of a name called, we shouldn't throw the baby out of the bathwater. I still come back to my sense that for some reason, Jackson Ford gets a lot of leeway around these parts.

Edward Kosi did a lot of good things on the weekend. I would have ranked his performance as better than CNK, Montoya, Pompey and RTS. And yet, we're all writing him off. Like I've said, I see him as a depth signing.

But Ford doesn't get marked with the same scrutiny. He does inexplicably stupid shit. He makes errors. He concedes penalties. He concedes set restarts. He falls off crucial tackles on our try line. AND HE GAVE UP!! That criminal offence that has seen us run a permanent black line through Edward Kosi and young Viliami Vailea.

'He puts in 100%'? Well, who's to say that Kosi doesn't either? I'd imagine that what you see is Edward Kosi's 100%. And if what we see is Ford's 100%, let's just face up to the fact that his 100% isn't good enough.

Or maybe it is, for us. In which case, let's just face up to the fact that we aren't good enough. Our good enough is mediocre. We aspire to be a mediocre club; a haven for mediocre players like Jackson Ford.

Meth

Staff member
Until we have a better option he will do.

We do.

8- Fonua Blake
10- Barnett
11- Niukore
12- Capewell
13- Harris

Res- Afoa, Ale, Tevaga, Walker

If any of those don't take your fancy, there's Sifakula, Laban, Going, Maiu'u and more

Honestly, I don't mind Ford as a depth player. But its like we're building our game around him and he is deadset mediocre.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
tbh I personally find both disgruntled fan blow ups and line-crossing offensiveness pretty funny a lot of the time....but yeah I was misfiring on Saturday and these blokes are real people (as unlikely as it may be that they're reading this forum in the age of Instagram) so I probably shouldn't just say whatever I want.

My shitposting was just shit posting and I apologise for that. Worst thing is I wasn't even all that drunk and woke up Sunday without a hangover.

Blair

Coach
There's trouble on the forum. I've noticed in the last day or two we've started talking about the past.

That always means one thing, our present is crap.

I put that loss down to a few things such as changing a winning team, AFB not wanting to be here and SJ being broken.

03. Niukore
02. Harris
01. TMM

HM: The fans who turned up at the game.
HM: The fans in genera.

DM: Webby for changing the winning team and not dealing with the RTS sin-binning well with his changes.

Latest posts