What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Cows

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3 - Johnson (game management with the boot won it for us, simple)
2 - RTS (pure class at the back and a great try
1 - Luke (rocks and diamonds but the diamonds shone bright)

Of the others most people did their jobs without excelling I thought. Kata was going well til he did his hammy and bombed a try in the process.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Apart from his very soft attempt to tackle Feldt when Feldt reached around him to score, he went ok.
Yeah I actually forgot about that piece of play lol, but just in general, from where he was a couple of years ago to now, he's improved out of sight. As painful as it was back then, glad he was persevered with. Credit to Cappy and Kearney

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Maumalo moment that stood out for me was the aerial take in traffic, he couldn’t catch a cold a couple of seasons ago. He’s now improved past where Manu got to, just got the get his try scoring game up there now but I think it’s on its way.

3: RTS, a great silo try, but some of those defensive reads at back to prevent tries or repeat sets freakish and the shot of him vocally in the circle post Cows try.

2:Harris, only forward over 100m and 45 tackles a few of them on JT2.

1: SJ, 3/3 conversions, drop goal and some big kicks out of trouble.

Luke to many errors.
Maulmalo solid as well as Hiku.

A lot of defensive work tonight, a team that ran hot for 15-20mins where it could have been 40+ points to a error prone one who could defend the errors.

playdaball

Bench
Mannering was solid on defence.

With Fus on the wing our go to right hand side attack doesn’t look the same.

Should Beale and Hiku swap positions?

sup42

Juniors
Bit unconventional from me:

Lawton 3
Satae 2
Roger 1

Had to give a shout out to the bench in that game, for the way they came on in a torrid contest and remained invisible.

No miss tackles from those boys, no errors, no getting in the way when we needed to go to our Money men.

Lawton especially playing out of position at Center proved what a remarkable utility option he is, that was one heck of an assignment and it just goes to prove that his rating as an excellent defender prior to joining the Warriors is no hype.

Satae, for a greenhorn big man has some motor in defence, it has been pretty impressive to see, I cannot think of any Warrior forward his size having laid a reputation for being a safe bench prop in the fashion he has at the very start of his First grade experience. Especially when you factor in that he has played in a game where there were only twelve on the field and we had no possesion (I think that was his second NRL game).

Big futures to look forward to with those two astute recruits.

Hon mention to Adam Blair who just keeps showing up for try saving tackles in the middle in games where it looks like we might fold badly.

That game will go down as my favorite win of the season to date. We always lose those ones, when we are off, and when there is a ton of excuses to give in (the Ref, the hoodo etc).

Kearney looked really emotional at the end, smiling and talking with his co coaches in an animated fashion, he looked like he wanted to race downstairs and give those guys a message.

He deserves it, he found a way to break through this win loss pattern and they did it when their backs were well and truly up against the wall.

TheDMC

Bench
3. RTS
2. Harris
1. Johnson

HR - Hiku made great tackles, defused bombs and grubbers, really strong hit ups off our line. Green made 24 tackles without a miss I think. Luke - would have threatened for 3 points if not for his 4 big errors.

Even though we got off to a flyer on attack, I was quite concerned about our defensive line staying back right from early in the match, Cowboys made easy meters the whole match. We need to show much more aggression on D and not rely on goal line, scramble. Gutsy win in the end, good feeling.

morningstar

Juniors
3. RTS
2. Hiku - strong on D for once and took alot of hard carries coming off our line in the 2nd half.
1. Papali’i - Had Hess & Traitorlolo running at him all game and did the business.

Tough second half to watch, so much derp. Luke & Green were shocking at times but great on D like the rest of the team.

Bit unconventional from me:

Lawton 3
Satae 2
Roger 1

Had to give a shout out to the bench in that game, for the way they came on in a torrid contest and remained invisible.

No miss tackles from those boys, no errors, no getting in the way when we needed to go to our Money men.

Lawton especially playing out of position at Center proved what a remarkable utility option he is, that was one heck of an assignment and it just goes to prove that his rating as an excellent defender prior to joining the Warriors is no hype.

Satae, for a greenhorn big man has some motor in defence, it has been pretty impressive to see, I cannot think of any Warrior forward his size having laid a reputation for being a safe bench prop in the fashion he has at the very start of his First grade experience. Especially when you factor in that he has played in a game where there were only twelve on the field and we had no possesion (I think that was his second NRL game).

Big futures to look forward to with those two astute recruits.

Hon mention to Adam Blair who just keeps showing up for try saving tackles in the middle in games where it looks like we might fold badly.

That game will go down as my favorite win of the season to date. We always lose those ones, when we are off, and when there is a ton of excuses to give in (the Ref, the hoodo etc).

Kearney looked really emotional at the end, smiling and talking with his co coaches in an animated fashion, he looked like he wanted to race downstairs and give those guys a message.

He deserves it, he found a way to break through this win loss pattern and they did it when their backs were well and truly up against the wall.
Centre is one of the hardest defensive positions on the field, Lawton didnt incredible well and I even feel if Kata was there with his race out of the line defence it may have cost us a try.

Blair

Coach
Centre is one of the hardest defensive positions on the field, Lawton didnt incredible well and I even feel if Kata was there with his race out of the line defence it may have cost us a try.

Mooks will love Lawton for that display. That's him in the 17 for the rest of the season, I reckon.

Ironic though how he also loves Kata and Hiku too, despite their dodgy defence.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. RTS - indespenible
2. SJ - one of the most professional performances he’s given us
1. Luke - handful of terrible mistakes but his work was so good he still gets my point. Liked his reactions to the dropsies too, when Bully is filthy with himself it means he cares

HM mini beast and Harris
Mannering did some big defensive work
Blair too, to be fair