What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Dragons

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
it's a deliberate and cynical submission in the hope of a penalty- some hookers are great at it and only do it when they know they will get a penalty. Henderson is not one of those hookers.

indeed. realistically he should bounce off them, hope for the best (ie a penalty) and try to find space behind the retreating marker. hedge his bets, if you will.

Meth

Staff member
Or pin his ears back- surely if a tackle seems more urgent to the marker, a tackle is more likely to be attempted and a penalty is more likely to result if he is indeed in an offside position. If the marker doesn't bite, he would still make good meters

Meth

Staff member
Touche' didn't think of that.
Could we get an average rating?

Rich could probably do it- I am not exactly sure how he makes it all work (the formula etc); I just know that he does a great job of making it work. :b:

Rich102

Staff member
Thanks!
In a system suggested by Martli we simply average a players weekly points to get a weekly score and then add these weekly scores together to get a running total. ( So if Ta'ai gets a total of 30 points and 15 people vote that week his weekly score is 2.0.)
I think there is a danger if we start to average averages plus this system rewards consistency.
Of interest Ta'ai didn't score any points till round 6, Packer till round 7 whereas Brown scored well till round 7 and hasn't scored since. Heremaia has been pretty consistent, as has Rapira and Maloney, hence their positions. Vatuvei & Seymour have scored well, when they played.

I think the system is giving a fair reflection of the players efforts. If Ta'ai continues and some of the others come back, I can see a tight finish to the contest.

If I can find a way to publish the spreadsheet at the end of the season I will. As always, any suggestions will be considered.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Or pin his ears back- surely if a tackle seems more urgent to the marker, a tackle is more likely to be attempted and a penalty is more likely to result if he is indeed in an offside position. If the marker doesn't bite, he would still make good meters

that seems to be what almost every other hooker does.

Martli

Coach
There shouldn't be any adjustments made for players who haven't played all season. The point is to vote for the best player of the season, so naturally, the guys that play more games should be more entitled to get that award. As Rich said, the system rewards consistency. If a bolter comes in and plays one good game, gets a 3 from everyone but is injured for the rest of the season he hardly deserves to be the player of the year based on one high ranking game. Same thing applies to Tai'ai. To be fair though, assuming he doesn't get injured, he'll play more than enough games to be competitive, and could even win it with Rapira on the sidelines.

As for a spreadsheet, you can attach files to a post and .xls is a supported format, so you'll be sweet to just attach the entire thing to a post at the end of the season or whenever you want to. Would be interesting to see.

Skinner

Coach
As for a spreadsheet, you can attach files to a post and .xls is a supported format, so you'll be sweet to just attach the entire thing to a post at the end of the season or whenever you want to. Would be interesting to see.

Buga me, I didn't know that :shock:

Martli

Coach
It's been a round a little while, but I don't think it's really used that much. Mostly for pics, but then most people just link to online pictures anyway.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
so has skinner....

I get a fairly different 3-2-1 from when I get home from the game and watch it on telly...

Me too mate, alot more to watch off the ball live, where as on TV its pretty much just the ball unless its a replay.

With the fancy TV's does anyone else think the camera could be a little more back so we can see more runners in screen, rather than just player with ball and tacklers?

Rich102

Staff member
The coverage in HD is brilliant, though a bit wider shot would be good.
The timing of the replays whilst the game is still going on needs looking at.

AS DOES THE COMMENTORY!:?

Rich102

Staff member
Totals:
Ta'ai 19
John 16
Matulino 15
Packer 11
Maloney 5
Mannering 5
Vatuvei 1

Drzoidberg

Juniors
The coverage in HD is brilliant, though a bit wider shot would be good.
The timing of the replays whilst the game is still going on needs looking at.

AS DOES THE COMMENTORY!:?

I hear ya there mate, the timing of replays or showing players walking off being subbed.

I dont know how many times I yell during a game "get back to the f**king match!".

Also how many times it happens when we are in possession, and when it finally goes back to the game a scrum packs down and we miss why.

Latest posts