What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 vs Dragons

3: Locke; took everything they threw at him, never gave up, nice running, good vision for Tupou try even though it looked like he would make it.

2: Moon; nice offload for Inu try, was only back troubling them other than Locke.

1: Johnson; nice try assistance, needed his hands on the ball more, no missed tackles.

Dragons have got to be up for a fine with 14 players on the field, possibly 15, some of those calls where shocking! Gasniers try from Scott offload, he was held for over 6 sec! Yes play the wistle, but come on! Luck penalised for a great tackle (dominating) on Boyde! Was that a fumble by Nightingale on the final play? The 50/50’s went their way! Inu should of tried harder to pull out of Boyde tackle in air, but wasn’t a tackling action, Mateo needed to make an effort to step back but he seemed to be getting off the guy!

Just stuffed things up at essential times! Taylors hands failed him!
No forward made 100m.
Inu walking basically on a kick return after Locke passed it to him!

Two trips to Aus in a row take it out of us???
7th place now up for grabs hopefully playing a Manly team with 5-6 guys suspended! :D

Micistm

Bench
3: Locke; took everything they threw at him, never gave up, nice running, good vision for Tupou try even though it looked like he would make it.

2: Moon; nice offload for Inu try, was only back troubling them other than Locke.

1: Johnson; nice try assistance, needed his hands on the ball more, no missed tackles.

Dragons have got to be up for a fine with 14 players on the field, possibly 15, some of those calls where shocking! Gasniers try from Scott offload, he was held for over 6 sec! Yes play the wistle, but come on! Luck penalised for a great tackle (dominating) on Boyde! Was that a fumble by Nightingale on the final play? The 50/50’s went their way! Inu should of tried harder to pull out of Boyde tackle in air, but wasn’t a tackling action, Mateo needed to make an effort to step back but he seemed to be getting off the guy!

Just stuffed things up at essential times! Taylors hands failed him!
No forward made 100m.
Inu walking basically on a kick return after Locke passed it to him!

Two trips to Aus in a row take it out of us???
7th place now up for grabs hopefully playing a Manly team with 5-6 guys suspended! :D

Agree, some of the calls were appalling. What was really bugging me was the lying all over players, so frustrating. Gasniers opening try was a joke.
Disappointed, gutted really, despite the shocking calls we only have ourselves to blame in the end. Some things deffo need work, basic mistakes 3rd week in a row for one. This time it cost us.

Will do my 3-2-1 when emotion has gone a bit!:lol:

kos

Juniors
No I reckon we will beat and overtake the cowboys next week. The Tigers will lose to the Sharks at Toyota Park.
We will have a superior for and against and slip into spot 5 which will perhaps see us play the Drags again.

Tupou made 1 or 2 key defensive lapses which cost us and yes the Drags should have had a held call when Gaz scored.

Who have we got to replace Tupou -dont suggest the Fish as his defence is worse.
3 Locke
2 Mannering
1 Rapira

Didgi

Your exclamation mark button should be removed! You should be punished for overuse! It's spelt Boyd!

As for the voting:

3. Locke
2. Moon
1. Lillyman

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Say goodbye to FG Elijah Taylor imo. Oh and Bill Tupou when Vatuvei is back.

Because he dropped one ball? Harsh. He was given bugger all minutes, his role is a defensive one - to keep the opposition quiet in the first 20 and the last 20. He did the first one, we were awful from there and he was given limited minutes as Mateo needed to stay on and produce points.

3-Locke
2-Moon
1-Lillyman

Minus 1000 for our wingers. One is probably the most defensive positionally inept winger I have seen at our club, which is really saying something, and the other is just inept. I'm sorry - if you're given a chance like Inu was this arvo, you do not perform like that. You look hungry. You break into a mild canter at least on kick returns.

I said it on FB and I'll say it on here: If Red Bull gives you wings, we need a new sponsor. Ours are shit.

Your exclamation mark button should be removed! You should be punished for overuse! It's spelt Boyd!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry was a bit annoyed post game, so think they could be justified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Dont know how i got a smiley in the title either?

Last edited:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Because he dropped one ball? Harsh. He was given bugger all minutes, his role is a defensive one - to keep the opposition quiet in the first 20 and the last 20. He did the first one, we were awful from there and he was given limited minutes as Mateo needed to stay on and produce points.

3-Locke
2-Moon
1-Lillyman

Minus 1000 for our wingers. One is probably the most defensive positionally inept winger I have seen at our club, which is really saying something, and the other is just inept. I'm sorry - if you're given a chance like Inu was this arvo, you do not perform like that. You look hungry. You break into a mild canter at least on kick returns.

I said it on FB and I'll say it on here: If Red Bull gives you wings, we need a new sponsor. Ours are shit.

You can't try tell me that Brown, Tai'i and even Steve Rapira are not better backrowers than Taylor. If we need a defensively minded second rower as you say then give me Steve Rapira. Hits a mile harder in defense, will get through a similar amount of work while actually having the ability to take a good hit up and run hard straight lines on the edge.

Oh and Hermaia gives terrible service out of dummyhalf.

Last edited:

kos

Juniors
Yes well Ives may well throw Steve Rapira into the mix against the Cowboys, Luck , Mannering and Taylor are all defensive boys , we have attack in Mateo but throwing in Taaii or and Rapira for half an hour next week would hurt the Cowboys, bit of mongrel there.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
You can't try tell me that Brown, Tai'i and even Steve Rapira are not better backrowers than Taylor. If we need a defensively minded second rower as you say then give me Steve Rapira. Hits a mile harder in defense, will get through a similar amount of work while actually having the ability to take a good hit up and run hard straight lines on the edge.

Oh and Hermaia gives terrible service out of dummyhalf.

Rapira not really, Brown yes, Ta'ai maybe a better option. But I didn't say that. I said it was horrendously harsh to single out Taylor. He did his job up until that dropped ball. I'd pick Brown, but Ivan won't.

This is not directed at you but there's a lot of knee-jerking goes on after a bad game.

Incidentally, I agree with Heremaia. His form has been good, but it's also been inflated by the massive go-forward and winning of the ruck our forwards have enjoyed. Friend is a much, much needed signing.

devoid

Juniors
Friend is a much, much needed signing.

I said it during and after the game - IMO, we would've won that game with Nathan Friend. We were average today - but good enough to win it. With a brain around the ruck to direct and keep us playing straight, I think we will be very difficult to stop. It's not all doom and gloom. But, I think Ta'ai will be straight in next week for Taylor - he was okay, but Ta'ai offers more. If Berrigan is out then I assume Brown will get a go too. Tupou struggles to defend any kick (in the air, o on the ground) more often than not...it seems late in the piece, but when Manu returns I would probably put Inu on the other wing. I thought he went alright today. That game was so winnable.

Judd

Juniors
3. Locke
2. Lillyman
1. Moon

Warriors main weakness in defence are their wingers. Both Inu and Tupou make some basic schoolboy errors by coming in and leaving their winger unmarked...Vatuvei is guilty of that also...with Tupou its an ongoing problem. Their errors cost the Warriors the game, Trouble is, do the Warriors have any depth in that position right now?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Rapira not really, Brown yes, Ta'ai maybe a better option. But I didn't say that. I said it was horrendously harsh to single out Taylor. He did his job up until that dropped ball. I'd pick Brown, but Ivan won't.

This is not directed at you but there's a lot of knee-jerking goes on after a bad game.

Incidentally, I agree with Heremaia. His form has been good, but it's also been inflated by the massive go-forward and winning of the ruck our forwards have enjoyed. Friend is a much, much needed signing.

I'm not blaming Taylor for the loss, I'm just saying he shouldn't be in the FG side. Have been for quite a while.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Well the main one being that I think Brown is better and Tai'i adds something completely different to all our second rowers. At the moment Taylor is just an solid average player. Solid defensively and adds little on attack, doesn't threaten on the edges like a Brown or Tai'i could. Plus Browns work out of dummyhalf is always useful.

kos

Juniors
But dont most league teams in the 3 positions of back row and lock generally play 1 attack player and 2 defence men.

Mateo is the attack guy and Luck/Taylor/Mannering are the defensive guys.

Thinking back to the Tigers in the 80,s we had Sirronen as attack dog and Pearce/Hardwick and the back ups as defence men.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I see the logic behind it. Brown can be defensively caught out at times, Taylor is very solid. Taylor defends out there in opening 20, where they try and keep stable, keep the scoreboard down. They bring on Mateo, Hohaia as in today's case from 20 on, hope to catch tired players around the ruck and back the likes of Locke, Johnson etc to help with that. Then with leads, we very seldomly get caught in the last 20. Our last 20min record is outstanding.

On another matter, Oz Oz Oz Oz...do you watch a different feed than us?

Latest posts