What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Roos

LeagueNut

First Grade
How about...

3 - Matulino - kept trying non-stop

2 - Marshall - provided the spark as usual

1 - Eastwood or Mannering - can't decide

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i personally thought benji played like he was geniused until the 60th minute

Martli

Coach
Benji was pretty hot and cold really.

I won't read too much in to this game though, I think we were probably better off losing this one as I couldn't see us beating Australia twice in a row. Next week is the real game and I think everyone agrees with that. Sucks we won't have Pritchard though.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The forwards had zero interest in the tough stuff last night, maybe next week in their minds

I also never thought I would say this, but the Kiwis look better with Leuluai at 9 than Luke

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Would rather focus on the duds

Blair- Hasn't had a dig for club or country all season. Absolutely useless
FPN- Has gone from wrecking ball to undersized and ineffective. Gets belted all the time. Needs to get back on the pies.
Luke- ok, so in theory he's one of our best players, but isn't Blair supposed to be as well? Like Blair, all Luke seems to do at international level is a good haka and a few cheap shots.

I'd drop the first two and not Luke. Eastwood and Matulino could start at prop, they are both good value, I'm so glad to see Ben playing as well as I expected him to. Never thought I'd say this, but I'd get JWH in there, even though I've never really seen him do anything useful.

ozbash

Referee
Blair should be a benchie, same FPN.

Start McKendry.

3- Fein
2- Benny
1- Mannering.

Was a pathetic game, but it was always going to be, our back 5 saw little action, we had about 4 runs from dummy half, the theme for the night was 1-out bash ups.

Enjoyed our anthem, the haka and the Mex wave (which is why there were so many bottles on/around the dead ball line, it wasnt from deliberate, loutish fans)

Thought Matolino was solid all game as well as Eastwood.

Opposite end Perritt got owned all game and Sau was inaffective, Lance didnt seem interested.

3 Lueluai
2 Matalino
1 Eastwood

So with Smith and Pritchard injured will Lewi Brown get the call up

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
(which is why there were so many bottles on/around the dead ball line, it wasnt from deliberate, loutish fans)

bull

sh*t.

and yeah, the mexican wave was real great. i loved having to look away from the game to make sure nobody i was with got hit on the head with a flying bottle.

Meth

Staff member
3- Matulino
2- Eastwood
1- Pritchard

I was Blair out of the 17 and FPN on the bench

My team for the final;

1- Hohaia
2- Perrett (wish we could do better)
3- Sa'u
4- SKD
5- Nightingale
6- Marshall
7- Fien
8- Eastwood
9- Leuluai
10- Matulino
11- Harrison
12- Mannering
13- Smith

Res- Luke, McKendry, FPN , Brown/Manu

Last edited:

JAG

Juniors
...Enjoyed our anthem, the haka and the Mex wave (which is why there were so many bottles on/around the dead ball line, it wasnt from deliberate, loutish fans)

...No, it was from immature half wits who think it's great fun to shower everybody in sh*t.

Mexican Waves, don't get me started on them, Oz. ](*,)

Matulino, Eastwood and Fien/Pritchard/Mannering were the best of the Kiwis

Izz

Bench
Matulino 3
Eastwood 2
Fein/Mannering 1.

Drop Blair from the 17, and Manu too. Start McKendry at prop with Eastwood and bring Matulino off the bench. Give JWH a bench spot too (what've we got to lose, except the final :D). I'm really disappointed not to have seen Brown get a run yet.

(btw: i'm loving all the kiwi bashing in the four nations subforum--let's see if they've still got stuff to bash us about next week)

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
(which is why there were so many bottles on/around the dead ball line, it wasnt from deliberate, loutish fans)

I know it's been said before but it was. I was right down the front in the old terraces, where all the mess was, and people were using the waves as an excuse to throw things at players, officials and photographers.

3- Mannering
2- Matulino
1- Eastwood

Rich102

Staff member
Blair should be a benchie, same FPN.

Start McKendry.

3- Fein
2- Benny
1- Mannering.

Was a pathetic game, but it was always going to be, our back 5 saw little action, we had about 4 runs from dummy half, the theme for the night was 1-out bash ups.

Enjoyed our anthem, the haka and the Mex wave (which is why there were so many bottles on/around the dead ball line, it wasnt from deliberate, loutish fans)

Only just picked myself up from the floor!

Latest posts