What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 > 2 > 1 vs. Souths

Fast Eddie

First Grade
If he does leave I hope he goes to Souths so gets a big contract, gets to go back to Sydney but probably hardly gets to play in the finals.

If he decides to leave we ALL should wish him the very best, he has put in for us as we gave him the ticket to make a name for himself in the NRL, That is a success now coz people know who he is, I can honestly see this man playing for the Blues very soon, Pearce is rubbish.
If he decided to stay it would mean a Junior would go overseas to chase that contract, Win Win situation great times ahead

ozbash

Referee
More to the actual point I think it's very reasonable for James Maloney, as a young guy whose father passed away just a couple of years ago, to miss his family and country to the point where he will leave after his contract expires. He came here and made a name for himself, has served us well and will likely pick up a huge contract when he returns to Australia.

agree, and after a bit of water passes under the bridge, I wouldnt be surprised if he stayed on. he likes the club.

Rich102

Staff member
Hope he meets with the new coach before making any decisions. (And then re-signs for another three years.)

Warmess

Juniors
Can't see him staying. A shame for sure, but hey, he's been great for us and I'm sure we'll have Tuimavave/Godinet/someone else to slot in there. He's here for next season and that'll be all the time Johnson needs to take charge in the halves.

Onya, Maloney!

hitman82

Bench
I think Maloney's awesome and he has pretty much carried the halves by himself the past two seasons. But out of him and Johnson, James is definitely the more replaceable. Between Tuimavavae, Godinet and John we can easily find a quality 6 to compliment the freak that is Shaun Johnson.
Having said that, it will be sad to see Maloney leave as I rate him as a possible origin player within 2 seasons.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
3. Mateo- how is he not getting points from everyone? He is on another level. He just takes the piss when he is on.

2. Matulino. Love this guy so much.

1. Johnson

Latest posts