What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 Vs Storm

Ropati will be back before next season?

I hope not i like our centres as they are atm even though both makeshifts, Our D has sharpened up and we look threatning punching holes with strong carries via Brown and Mannering's Strength :)

Meth

Staff member
Ropati won't be back in 2011.

Not sold on Inu as a centre- he's going so well on the wing.

Locke had a great game and has earned a spot next week. If he keeps on performing, who knows?

hitman82

Bench
Well Inu's skills would still apply at centre in my opinion. He's still more of a ball player than a finisher in my eyes, and definitely lacks the outright pace we need on the wing.

Inu is however doing a VERY good job as a fill in.

When Manu is back, against the Titans in theory, you obviously can't keep Krisnan on that wing. Would he be just as effective on the other side, teamed with Mannering?

Unless Cleary promotes Metcalf, Inu is bound to shift to centre alongside Vatuvei. Particularly if Locke keeps playing well on the other wing.

Rich102

Staff member
A floater.

How would it go if we swapped Mateo & Brown ?

Mannering & Mateo in the centers would be good, giving Mateo a bit more room. And Brown is a great 2nd rower.

Any thoughts?

Rich102

Staff member
This week:

Inu 65
Locke 27
Brown 23
Mateo 12
Packer 8
Rapira 7
Seymour 4

25 voted.

hitman82

Bench
A floater.

How would it go if we swapped Mateo & Brown ?

Mannering & Mateo in the centers would be good, giving Mateo a bit more room. And Brown is a great 2nd rower.

Any thoughts?

Interesting thought.

Mateo's ball skills would definitely be good at centre, and having say Taylor, Mateo, Vatuvei opposing you would be genuinely terrifying.

But I don't think Mateo would have the mobility to defend well at centre - he'd get carved up by more agile/smaller centres.