What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 Vs Storm

3 - Inu: Scored a try, defused everything they threw at him, pulled up hurt but powered through it.

2 - Brown: Just keeps showing up, nice try saving tackle, pumped the legs and made the most meters in the team.

1 - Locke: proved he can defend, error free game.

Many other could of picked up the one, Rapira and Packer hitting the line hard.

Not sure how Mateo got man of the match, he gave the storm their start, 1st penalty, playing at the ball and no intensity to get to it, 2nd penalty try. Will give him that he pulled his head in with the random offloads to fresh air.

Still needed to be able to adjust the plan of attack when Storm didnt drop the bombs in the second half.
Maybe it was practice for Manu's return (this week?????)

Ref was interesting both ways.

Fell to the ground when Maloneys pass didnt go to Lockes hands! Though we had stuffed it.

Lets hope for more the same for the rest of the season in a gutsy performance.

Constraint

Juniors
3 - Inu
2 - Brown
1 - Locke

Very hard to judge but I don't care. What a match. Finally some decent ticker shown by all. Loving the increased intensity, really put the rorters on their heels.

Ta'ai really needs to improve his handling skills.. I'd have been spitting if he'd thrown the game away at the end there. Locke can be outstanding when he puts his mind to it, was extremely impressed. Inu magnificent under the high ball. Brown was just outstanding as usual, can't put a foot wrong.

Amazing win!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Gotta give Locke props, 150 odd running metres and 19 tackles. Thats getting involved from the wing.

armchaircritic

Juniors
Just got home from the game!!!

Probably still drunk... Can't be prouder of the boys.
3 - Inu. caught every bomb with ease... massive pressure at the end. (that was the corner i was sitting in - so glad to rub it in to the storm supporters)
2 - Locke - one of his best games in FG. great metres. Get rid of hohia at FB. Locke would be 10x better. Hit the line with purpose
1 - Luck - tackled well, thought it was his best game this season. Different seeing him live.

Nothing like the walk back into the city with depressed storm fans

Warmess

Juniors
3. Inu
2. Brown
1. Packer

As many others have said, so many were in contention for the 1, but Packer was an absolute machine. He was always looking to get involved and his hit ups from restarts always got us rolling.

One Warrior

Bench
3. Inu
2. Mateo
1. Locke

Very hard not to give a point to Brown, all the forwards stood up, we certainly missed Ta'ai and Lillyman last week, Ta'ai was a machine last night, we need to lock him up, although he does need to watch his hands(nearly gave me a heart attack at the end).

playdaball

Bench
Where are all the people who commented that Inu was a waste of time and money?

Mateo looks good he runs at the line not looking for a constant off load.

I'd like to see Tai'i run hard and straight too.

Last edited:

hitman82

Bench
3 - Inu
2 - Locke
1 - Brown

what a mean game.

Incidentally, I think all our forwards except Lillyman made over 100m. He scored a beauty of a try though.

Izz

Bench
Hmmm

3 - Packer -- finally, a dominant performance
2 - Brown -- try-saving (and probably match-saving) tackle -- even more dominant marching the ball forward from out in the centres
1 - Inu -- dude's been in awesome form

Ta'i would've got 1 or 2 from me if it weren't for the silly errors. But man, he's got the ferocity we need.
Matulino hit harder in defence than i've seen so far this season (ran for 82 m in 23 min according to nrl.com, too).
Rapira had a great game as well.
We pwned the Melbourne forward pack.

Mateo had his best game as a Warrior, imo. Didn't overplay his hand, did a great job of shutting down Cronk (he was unlucky to get pinged with those two early penalties).
Locke played well, too. Didn't go missing, which is all good.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3- Brown. The guy is a freak. Fast becoming one of my favourite all-time Warriors.
2- Inu. Amazing what being interested can do to your form. Our bomb to either corner tactic is going to be jackpot when Manu returns!
1- Locke. Unfortunately I don't see a spot for him in 4 weeks time.

Mentions to most people as well.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
The Boys played a lot better against the Storm, everyone ran a lot harder and with more purpose. I can't split them for points they all played well. Though they still need to work on their 5th play option.

I guess if I had to.
3 Brown
2 Inu
1 Locke & Rapira

Scorpio30

Bench
I may have a slightly skewed view of the game having recorded it yesterday and watched it this morning (knowing the result but not the score).
We scored some lucky tries in the first half and got nothing in the second....We were STILL absolutely shithouse on attack in particularly in the opposition 20....Granted 2 points is 2 points, we only won the game through some great defence and poor attacking options by the Storm.

I may have a slightly skewed view of the game having recorded it yesterday and watched it this morning (knowing the result but not the score).
We scored some lucky tries in the first half and got nothing in the second....We were STILL absolutely shithouse on attack in particularly in the opposition 20....Granted 2 points is 2 points, we only won the game through some great defence and poor attacking options by the Storm.

I know what you mean loved the fact we won still but these are good points you bring up, we need to keep improving on the ATTACK especially our 5th tackle options. Buster played his best game in the Warriors Jersey but more work on being a quicker thinker and making a dominat decision on what the 5th tackle play is then we will go a little better. Buster has to play like this level every week because Johnson and Godinet are not too far away from their Debuts