What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Storm

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
3- Johnson- much improved game.

2- Laumape- great runs out of the danger end, did his best with the Bro on his inside.

1- Locke- same as Johnson, much improved

Last edited:

JoeD

First Grade
3 laumape. Ball didn't go his way but made a couple key defensive plays
2 Johnson
1 locke

PS -99999999999999999999999999 brotown

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Johnson - His game of the season so far despite a few missed tackles.
2. Locke - A couple of blunders but evened out with a lot of good work.
1. Laumape

Tupou tries hard but he just doesn't cut the mustard skill wise.
Hurrell needs to curb those brain explosions.
Leulaui continues to offer zero attacking capability.

-3. Ropati - To the Vulcans, thanks for many years of service but you're done.
-2. Taylor - Just go.

Penrose11

Juniors
3 - Johnson. Ran and directed game well. Foran mustv rubbed off on him after a week in camp.

2 - Benry. Never thought I'd say it but seemed to be in everything. Guess it helps when playing natural position other than center.

1 - Locke. Lots of energy. Backing up for the off-load. All this talk re maybe getting cut for 'flash harry' Tomkinsccould've been the kick in the pants he needed.

Can't wait till Nielson gets back to shore up that left hand D.

3-Johnson, pity about some of his no look passes and 40/20 Billy paid touches to change. Other than that pretty good
2-Locke, seemed to want to be there, pity about missing ball on Waqa's try.
1-Laumape, some good cover D.

Billy T showed some good moments
TL looks put of his depth at NRL level.
Hurrells couple of great runs undone by shit hands.
The forward pass on Chambers 72min try was blatant, out of hands forward so = penalty.

LeagueNut

First Grade
3 - Johnson
2 - Locke
1 - Rapira

And (apart from the other dodgy performances already mentioned) Todd Lowrie is pissing me off at the moment. He's always getting penalised and seems to have a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time - I think at one stage he killed a 3-on-1 overlap by not passing.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Funny...if you'd listened to the commentators, you'd reckon Johnson was having a shocker. He scored or set up all of our tries and yet he was getting blamed for passing the ball to blokes who dropped it :?

vvvrulz

Coach
Funny...if you'd listened to the commentators, you'd reckon Johnson was having a shocker. He scored or set up all of our tries and yet he was getting blamed for passing the ball to blokes who dropped it :?

They were criticizing his no-look or more like "late-look" passing, a couple of which were slightly awry but should have been caught anyway. Johnson was playing beautifully and if he had a real #6 with him we'd have so much attacking weaponry.

Worse than those passes was Mateo hurling one two meters in front of Laumape and Thomas passing to thin air for it to bounce into touch.

ozenzud

Juniors
3 - Johnson. Ran and directed game well. Foran mustv rubbed off on him after a week in camp.

2 - Benry. Never thought I'd say it but seemed to be in everything. Guess it helps when playing natural position other than center.

1 - Locke. Lots of energy. Backing up for the off-load. All this talk re maybe getting cut for 'flash harry' Tomkinsccould've been the kick in the pants he needed.

Can't wait till Nielson gets back to shore up that left hand D.

Couldn't agree more about Nielson. JRo, just looked slow. He did have some good defensive moments when the player was in front of him and put on some good hits. But once they started moving laterally or got behind him they were gone. Will Chalmers is an absolute class player. He'd be in my opinion one of the best centres in the comp. Gets very little praise though.

Cameron Smith is like Richie McCaw in Rugby I reckon. Good at what they do, but really hard to like when in an opposition team because they are definety cheating on most plays.

Micistm

Bench
3. Johnson - His game of the season so far despite a few missed tackles.
2. Locke - A couple of blunders but evened out with a lot of good work.
1. Laumape

Tupou tries hard but he just doesn't cut the mustard skill wise.
Hurrell needs to curb those brain explosions.
Leulaui continues to offer zero attacking capability.

-3. Ropati - To the Vulcans, thanks for many years of service but you're done.
-2. Taylor - Just go.

I'd agree and go with the points above. Gone from being angry to feeling a bit sorry for em atm...if I have zero confidence in them and feeling rather demoralised, must be tenfold for the players. Thought they played reasonable, but beaten by a good side, must be said. A few errors that still need sorting.

TL- I cannot understand for the life of me Coaches etc continue to think he's a halfback of quality. I don't get it. It's Rovelli stuff all over again IMO. Decent guy, good attitude, good hooker...just doesn't have it for in the halves IMO. We saw it in the '08 WC, he just couldn't offer enough.:?

Blair

Coach
...Cameron Smith is like Richie McCaw in Rugby I reckon. Good at what they do, but really hard to like when in an opposition team because they are definety cheating on most plays.

He was taking extra long with those last two conversions wasn't he? However, I suppose that is standard practice, but when a team wins all the time and does it though it just seems against the spirit of the game.

Not sure how everyone else went but for me the passion is back for our team. Perhaps it was the long, emotional day, but I got worked up last night. Was off my feet at various times and took the (inevitable?) loss hard.

It didn't help that I was trapped in a suburban RSL full of aggro boneheads playing two-up. The noise was unbelievable. Three or four guys kept standing in front of me too, blocking my view of the TV. Awful watching circumstances for a great game.

I like that quick passing game we're playing, it's fluent and always threatens to put the winger in space.

3. Johnson (obvious team leader - might be playing better without Maloney),
2. Henry (when was the last time he played second row?),
1. Lowrie (not sold that he's a dud yet, way too early for that - he's got mongrel in him under that headgear! He's no candidate for a 'boy band' and these days every team needs that. It's rugby league for christ's sake).