What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs the Tigers

NZ Warrior

First Grade
3 - James Maloney. He didn't even bother turning up to this sh*tfest
2 - Isaac John. He didn't want anything more to do with the losers out on the field. So he faked injury and got out of there.
1 - Wade McKinnon. He knew the Warriors were gonna a lose. So he joined the winning team.

HOLD THE f**kING BALL!!!

On a serious note. Inu's set up and try was freakish, great to see!

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
3.Brown
2.Inu
1.Packer

That was dead set the most pedestrian performance I have ever seen. Where is the attack? No way the Warriors should have lost that game. Cleary needs the sack and his boys Hohia, Seymour and Luck should be sent packing with him.

hitman82

Bench
Terrible handling and penalties at sh*t times, and a blatant missed try by the refs. Sorry but no Cleary fault in that one.

3-Berrigan
2-Inu
1-Ropati

My Morning Coat

Juniors
uumm hard choice tonight we were sh*t right across the paddock but this is how i saw it
3 berrigan...some good yards from dummy and at least he was trying a few things
2 brown... always made yards and seem hard to bring down
1 the linesman who didnt call inu out when he made that pass back in field to ropo

armchaircritic

Juniors
3 times we have a scrum on their 10 - we drop the ball first tackle (well 2 times the other was 2nd or 3rd tackle). Very limited in attack when we did hold the ball.
Basically we were sh*te

The good:

3: Ropati - Thought he got involved often. Made good mtrs. Stand-out for me
2: Brown - a few dummy half runs, made heaps of mtrs, good tackle on Dwyer
1: Packer - Hard choice, was going to go for Inu (Inu due to his individual effort. But he needs to get more involved + that horrible air swing) but gave it to Packer. Did his job (120 mtrs) & didn't f*ck up.

A bit of angst
The Bad:
-1: Mateo - Needs to get involved more often. Probably touched the ball once in the opening 20 minutes. Not good enough
-2: Seymour - his kicking & general options when we were on attack.
-3: Luck - Can some one tell him not to touch the f'n ball in the opposition 20. Also his tackle count didnt seem very high (possibly due to the Tigers handling)

Dont know how to rate this week.

3 - Berrigan
2 - Brown
1 - Inu (brilliant individual try/lead up)

Does Hohia not realise there are guys breathing down his neck to play fullback, there seems to be little urgency to get to the ball, and when he does he has no awareness of where the touchline seems to be!!!

Locke's defence was swiss cheese like.

Mateo got screwed out of a try! Needed captains call!

No direction on attack, who is in charge out there??????
No one seems to know what the next guy is doing? or no one is supporting guys like Mateo, who is known for offloads.

Seymour was a speed hump with 7 missed tackles.

Annoying when a team statistically plays worse than you, and you loose.

Martli

Coach
Finding it hard to give points to be honest.

I guess Inu deserves some for his freakish try (which I thought was legit looking at the replay) and Berrigan was OK, but those are the only notable two I can think of. Probably won't bother handing out points...

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
get comfortable guys, it's only march...this is going to go on until september.

roll on summer!

Rich102

Staff member
How many sets did we have in the opposition 20m? And did we put on a single constructive play? (Ignoring that scrum we won with the interesting line-up where Moon lost the ball first tackle.)

The players don't want to be out there - that tells me a lot about morale.

We need a coach.

Can be bothered handing out points.

One Warrior

Bench
3 Berrigan
2. Brown
1. Inu - for the freakish try

Hohaia at least didn't drop any bombs, we should of been 12-6 at the break, Mateo was robbed, this could of made a difference with Inu's try taking us to 18-6, however we stuffed it up in the second half with so much dropped ball in the opposition 20. Maloney will come back for John(what's his injury?), Fish will probably come back for Locke who didn't show anything. FFS Cleary start Rapira.

Micistm

Bench
3 - James Maloney. He didn't even bother turning up to this sh*tfest
2 - Isaac John. He didn't want anything more to do with the losers out on the field. So he faked injury and got out of there.
1 - Wade McKinnon. He knew the Warriors were gonna a lose. So he joined the winning team.

HOLD THE f**kING BALL!!!

On a serious note. Inu's set up and try was freakish, great to see!

:lol:I'll go along with this.
Credit to Inu, I have been on the guys arse and he did okay, and his input during the outlandish try was terrific.
Otherwise, dunno what to say. Sharkie Brown got himself in there a bit, but what a lethargic crap display. The Tigers weren't great either, but they only needed to be improve a bit on us to take the points. We should not have lost that. Once we got in the lead I thought that would fire em, but it must have been a really good St Paddys night or something.
Only spotted Locke twice during the game I think!
Seriously though, early season rust taken into account, that was ****ing hard to watch. Awful. I hope the riot act is given to them, because I do not want to sit through another '09 type season:x

Warmess

Juniors
3. Berrigan
2. Packer
1. Inu

Cleary, Luck and Seymour can all f**k off. Cleary can't coach attack in the slightest, Luck and Seymour seem to be out to disrupt any form of go forward we may have.

f**kin pathetic.

What a sh*t performance by a majority of the team. The drop balls and very stiff attack has made me list a potent attacking side (again)

01. Glen Fishiashi / Kevin Locke - 2 Natural Full Backs with X Factor
02. Kevin Locke/ Bill Tupou
03. Louis Brown
04. Jerome Ropati
05. Krisnan Inu
06. James Maloney
07. Pita Godinet (Natural Half Back creative and good thinker, needs a go)
08. Sam Rapira
09. Aaron Heremaia
10. Rusell Packer
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Ukuma Taai
13. Simon Mannering (c)

14. Alehana Mara
15. Ben Matalino
16. Steve Rapira
17. Jeremy Latimore

Coach: Brian "Bluey" McClenan
Assistant: Tony Iro

kos

Juniors
Just a point. The game was played at 930pm Auckland time and finished after 11pm Auckland time. If you go back over the years we have played like strangers in many of these late (by NZ time) games and lost badly. The players body clocks may be switching off. I dont dont know when the team flew over to the West Island (earlier in the week ?) or whether they train between 930 and 1115 pm in Auckland for a few days but I suspect not.
Maybe someone has some inside knowledge on whether there is adjusted training times for these late (by Nz time) games?

Izz

Bench
3. Berrigan -- as soon as he came off, we lost all go forward
2. Inu -- apart from the freak try-assist, he also played well defensively and got himself involved in the game
1. Brown -- though i'd have liked to see him do something other than run out of dummy half; did he take a single hit-up at all?

Packer gets a mention, too.

We had no players in motion. Mucho frustrating.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I have question marks on Berrigan. He's a bit of a Hohaia/Henderson at hooker. The running part is ok but it gets ugly when he's asked to kick, pass, or think.

Latest posts